Worried

My dog cant walk on his back leg for some reason he is 16yrs old if thats any help, is it possible for them to get cramps, if its still bad in the morning we are taking him to the vet. would just like to ask if anyone has heard of it. He couldnt walk and was freaking him out i had to lift him up and wait for him to calm down then he limped over and layed down. Any ideas? He is a silky x

Yeah he has arthritis in his hips, He ate this afternoon but it happened like half hour ago and he is sleeping at the moment. Im thinking its his hip cause his leg was like bent in at the time :mad . I just hate it cause i always think of the worst possible thing, i just hope he is walking tomorrow.

Are you in a tick area? Check him thoroughly if you are, weakness in the back legs is one of the symtpoms of paralysis ticks. If you suspect it may be a tick he will need to go to the vet ASAP.

Edited by FHRP

All though likely arthritis in hips or spine in an old dog of this age even such a thing as anal glands being impacted can prevent a dog from get up and walking so go to the vet and get him checked out. Best of luck, I hope it is minor like anal glands need emptying.