Prof Wyburn

TrinaJ

Due to sudden illness Prof. Wyburn's practice will be closed until further notice. Please pass on to anyone considering sending x-rays for reading. These will need to go to other readers until he is able to return (time unknown at this point)

ETA: This was cross posted with permission

Edited by TrinaJ

Does anyone know how his secretary / any contact person for Prof Wyburn can be reached?

His number is diverted to a boarding kennel which only answers calls from 4-6pm (which is 3hrs behind us). I have rung my vet, but they don't know anything.

I just need to know if my xrays have been scored, and if not how can I get them back. Fingers crossed I don't have to get someone else to do it.

I do hope his illness is nothing serious.

Email worked. :thumbsup: Ann called me back. getting all my stuff returned, now just need to find an alternative scorer. :thumbsup:

I have always used Prof Wyburn. Two other scorers I think I've heard people mentioning are Graham Allen or Dr Lavell (Sorry not sure of the spelling or contact details) but maybe someone else could advise if I've remembered correctly and where they are situated.

Cheers Lee

Yes i found out Wednesday when my vet emailed me passing on the news and he has passed my x-rays for 2 dogs on to the AVA Vets to have them scored.

Best wishes to Dr Wyburn and hope he has a speedy recovery. From Swanbrook Bullmastiffs.

I take my dogs to Dr Lavelle in Werribee to be done, they do the xrays and score them at the same time.

Very cheap as well so we make a day of it by going to the Zoo at the same time :love:

Do you know if Dr Lavelle will score the x-rays, if they aren't done with a GA?

I had 2 of my dogs go through the whole thing with general anastetic and everything went well untill the Vet sent my xrays to Wyburn who as this thread explains he is ill.

Now the vet tells me they are trying to get my xrays back to send to AVA and have them done there but i wont hold my breath. Cost me $1200 for the 2 of them.

My vet is very experienced with manipulating the dogs for the best xrays. Hope this doesn't drag on for weeks and weeks.Bloody annoying.

I had 2 of my dogs go through the whole thing with general anastetic and everything went well untill the Vet sent my xrays to Wyburn who as this thread explains he is ill.

Now the vet tells me they are trying to get my xrays back to send to AVA and have them done there but i wont hold my breath. Cost me $1200 for the 2 of them.

My vet is very experienced with manipulating the dogs for the best xrays. Hope this doesn't drag on for weeks and weeks.Bloody annoying.

Bloody hell,$1200 :o Mine were $250 each(GA) and were scored by AVA(hips and elbows)

Bloody hell,$1200 :o Mine were $250 each(GA) and were scored by AVA(hips and elbows)

Wow, talk about expensive, we get then done for $300 here