C.c.c. Qld's New Breeder Accredited System

Swanbrook

Ive owned Bullmastiffs for 15 years. For the past few years i have been working,planning towards breeding and now this new system is in place. Personally i think its a good thing but i cant help wondering why with my chosen breed the Bullmastiff there is but 1 Qld Breeder who has gone out of their way to comply to the new regulations and be willing to do their part for the Bullmastiff breed. Why is it other breeders have not got on board with this system? Is it wrong or am i missing something???

Edited by Swanbrook

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been gathering information from the surveys since September 2009. Our

intention was to find out what breeders do and how those practices are perceived by

the buying public. The results of the survey from September 2009 to February 2010

were presented at the General Meeting in March. In its own small way, the survey

has produced enough data to establish that most of our member breeders are

conforming with and surpassing Dogs Queensland Rules and Regulations and Code

of Ethics.

It is now TIME to let everyone know about the high standard of practices and care

that these members are demonstrating.

Taken from Dogs Qld Breeder Accreditation The Facts.

HERE

Maybe the Breeders don't feel the need to pay the fee to "prove" what they are already doing.

I don't how you can call it going out of their way to comply IF they are already conforming with and surpassing what is already in place.

Just a thought.

Ive owned Bullmastiffs for 15 years. For the past few years i have been working,planning towards breeding and now this new system is in place. Personally i think its a good thing but i cant help wondering why with my chosen breed the Bullmastiff there is but 1 Qld Breeder who has gone out of their way to comply to the new regulations and be willing to do their part for the Bullmastiff breed. Why is it other breeders have not got on board with this system? Is it wrong or am i missing something???

Why do you think its a good thing?

There is 1 Qld Breeder out of three who advertise on the DogsQld website. So what?

Maybe other breeders dont wish to be part of the scheme because they dont wish to pay yet another fee when they already have good breeding practices and care about the Code of Ethics and minimum breeding ages of bitches.

But not everyone is squeaky clean though.

I've been a Dogsqld for longer than I care to think about.

I refused to join because the people who have joined include dodgy breeders and puppy farms.

I don't want to be associated with people like that, thanks.

Once Dogsqld find out how to differentiate the ethical breeders from the others, I might join. But there is no way to do that, and a scheme where you pay your money, make promises for the future and don't have to do much, but are somehow supposed to be perceived as better than others doesn't do much for me

JMHO. Maybe others in your breed feel the same way.

And please don't think I am suggesting you are dodgy. I am not, but the dodgy ones fell over each other to become "accredited".

Edited to add - the regulations for this are the regulations which ALL breeders should have been following since they began breeding.

Edited by Jed

Considering some of the breeders with accreditation are extremely dodgy, why would good breeders want to be part of it. The scheme is a joke.

Why pay a fee for something which is useless and pointless?

My sentiments exactly.

intention was to find out what breeders do and how those practices are perceived by

the buying public. The results of the survey from September 2009 to February 2010

were presented at the General Meeting in March. In its own small way, the survey

of Ethics.

It is now TIME to let everyone know about the high standard of practices and care

HERE

Maybe the Breeders don't feel the need to pay the fee to "prove" what they are already doing.

I don't how you can call it going out of their way to comply IF they are already conforming with and surpassing what is already in place.

Just a thought.

When i say out of their way i mean pay more fees and the system also mentions mentors whom have to travel to other breeders and check on their kennels. Wouldnt you call this an extra activity for a breeder whom normally would be concerned with their own kennel,shows ect. I would call that going out of their way. They dont get paid for their service.

Personally i think its a good thing because it will help weed out the breeders whom do not meet the standards and the mills and also for the puppy purchaser. The buyer can look see that there are lets say 100 breeders listed and only 5 accredited breeders listed who are you going to spend your $1500 with. I think im going for the accredited breeder everytime.

Personally i think its a good thing because it will help weed out the breeders whom do not meet the standards and the mills and also for the puppy purchaser. The buyer can look see that there are lets say 100 breeders listed and only 5 accredited breeders listed who are you going to spend your $1500 with. I think im going for the accredited breeder everytime.

i strongly suspect it will do nothing to weed out good from bad breeders

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

In light of the fact that virtually everyone who has replied to you has said some of the accredited breeders are very dodgy, perhaps you want to revisit your thought process on this one.

I've been a Dogsqld for longer than I care to think about.

I refused to join because the people who have joined include dodgy breeders and puppy farms.

I don't want to be associated with people like that, thanks.

Once Dogsqld find out how to differentiate the ethical breeders from the others, I might join. But there is no way to do that, and a scheme where you pay your money, make promises for the future and don't have to do much, but are somehow supposed to be perceived as better than others doesn't do much for me

JMHO. Maybe others in your breed feel the same way.

And please don't think I am suggesting you are dodgy. I am not, but the dodgy ones fell over each other to become "accredited".

Edited to add - the regulations for this are the regulations which ALL breeders should have been following since they began breeding.

No Jed not for a moment infact thank you... This is what i was trying to invoke and see what all breeders realy think!! Thank you for you honesty.

There is 1 Qld Breeder out of three who advertise on the DogsQld website. So what?

Maybe other breeders dont wish to be part of the scheme because they dont wish to pay yet another fee when they already have good breeding practices and care about the Code of Ethics and minimum breeding ages of bitches.

See you stand your ground on your decission not to join and pay more fees but then you STATE but not everyone is squeeky clean though!!! Well wont this system help solve that statement????

See you stand your ground on your decission not to join and pay more fees but then you STATE but not everyone is squeeky clean though!!! Well wont this system help solve that statement????

No because as already mentioned, there are some less than ethical breeders that are already part of the scheme.

Well so far i have not herd any real good reasons why not to back the system except for COSTS or not having FAITH in the system because it has already been infiltrated by less than honest breeders which somehow seems to be stretching things with unproven statements about their practises. Doesn't Accreditation in fact PROVE the breeder is preferred by the CCC its self.....? Surely the CCC wouldnt support bad breeders known to them from the old system.

Edited by BigW

of Ethics.

HERE

Just a thought.

When i say out of their way i mean pay more fees and the system also mentions mentors whom have to travel to other breeders and check on their kennels. Wouldnt you call this an extra activity for a breeder whom normally would be concerned with their own kennel,shows ect. I would call that going out of their way. They dont get paid for their service.

In my world, Breeders helped each other and helped and encouraged new Breeders.

Older breeders provided me and many others with countless hours of education and discussion, they helped evaluate and choose breeding animals and youngsters. No money changed hands, it was done with good grace and for the love of the dogs and our hobby.

Doesn't Accreditation in fact PROVE the breeder is preferred by the CCC its self.....? Surely the CCC wouldnt support bad breeders?

:bottom::laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Accreditation proves the applicant is willing to pay a fee.

I dont think that is correct as i have looked into the paperwork and their is more involved than simply paying money. It would take lies from a vet and other proffessionals to slip the system. And Sandra i dont think this is a laughing matter!!! It affects everyone in qld. You may laugh but i wonder what it is you are laughing at. All the time and money people put into produceing their dogs is not to be laughed at. a billion dollar industry. Perhaps to you it is a hobby but most devote their lives to produce and be the best they can be.

Edited by BigW