C.c.c. Qld's New Breeder Accredited System

Swanbrook

the problem with the accreditation scheme is that there is little confidence in it from the beginning because some of the accredited breeders are seen as less than ethical. one of them is advertising on their web site that they will be selling puppies under aapbd rules and without ankc papers

Accreditation can be given....& taken away. The grounds on which it can be revoked need to be written into any accreditation program. Then, whomsoever monitors the system can, quite legally, strip an individual of that privilege. 'Struck off' the accredited members register.

i would like to report this breeder, how do i do this?

Processes around questioning/losing accreditation, need to be written into any such system, equally with the processes for gaining accreditation.

so does this mean there is nothing i can do at this time?

If they are breaching state canine control's regulations, you write a letter of complaint to their state CC together with any advertisements, web links or anything which supports your complaint.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I had a major winge about them to the CCs back when I noticed they were registered breeders but also were members of the AAPDB and were advertising they were breeding cross breds.

Nothing can be done as long as they dont breed their registered dogs in this way.

Mita
I'd only wonder why the whole shaboozle of accreditation isn't included with basic registration as a breeder anyway. And why it's presently, the extra mile for those who are willing. Maybe they didn't want to drag anyone kicking & screaming into a system they're not keen on.

You know, most of the things " accredited breeders" undertake are already asked for in Dogsqld COE and have been undertaken by 90% of registered breeders in Q for years. And some of the people who would be prepared to mentor would probably know less than those they are mentoring ..... I've been lucky enough to have had top breeders as mentors, and I've been told absolute codswallop by some who have been breeding for years. And I don't think I know enough to mentor someone, so why would I agree to that?

If you see your hobby as an industry, or a money making exercise, maybe you are inclined to want to be accredited, so you can charge more, or so your hordes of buyers will think you are flash.

I don't see much point.

And I wont stand beside someone whose ethics (or lack thereof ) make me want to spit.

I must be in the CCCQ to register pups, and if people there make me spit, I can't help it, and at least I can stand away from them. However, there is more benefit at present from breeding non registered pups than registered. The majority of pups are bred by people who are not registered with anyone anyhow

Now theres a whole lot of truth.

Im pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I had a major winge about them to the CCs back when I noticed they were registered breeders but also were members of the AAPDB and were advertising they were breeding cross breds.

Nothing can be done as long as they dont breed their registered dogs in this way.

i suspect you are right steve. i had hoped that them being accredited breeders they may have had a higher standard to attain.

this system leaves a lot to be desired.

i suspect you are right steve. i had hoped that them being accredited breeders they may have had a higher standard to attain.

...............and now you are starting to understand what we are talking about. Accredited Puppy Farmers, do you really want to be an Accredited Breeder and on the same level as they are.

...............and now you are starting to understand what we are talking about. Accredited Puppy Farmers, do you really want to be an Accredited Breeder and on the same level as they are.

Even scarier - do you want to be a registered breeder who is not accredited and spoken about as if you are even worse than they are?

Even scarier - do you want to be a registered breeder who is not accredited and spoken about as if you are even worse than they are?

What is there to be scared off???

So people choose not to be accredited.

What are you going to do...tar and feather them because they choose to be different than the puppy farmers/unethical breeders who have simply paid a bit of money and signed a form to be accredited.

Edited by stonebridge

They would'nt be game to do that to me. I would have them in court that quick and end up owning everthing they own.

They would'nt be game to do that to me. I would have them in court that quick and end up owning everything they own.

That's a very valid point that Steve has raised, I think. It's not what "we" think .... if only everyone was so passionate as to spend a section of their life on DOL and thereby become educated sufficiently to understand how it all works. It's what the public think, even in their innocently ignorant state. And not every breeder would have the time, the money nor the wherewithal to want or be able to see the insides of a Court Room .... do you think? Much of the time the only people who win in a Court Case are the lawyers.

They would'nt be game to do that to me. I would have them in court that quick and end up owning everything they own.

That's a very valid point that Steve has raised, I think. It's not what "we" think .... if only everyone was so passionate as to spend a section of their life on DOL and thereby become educated sufficiently to understand how it all works. It's what the public think, even in their innocently ignorant state. And not every breeder would have the time, the money nor the wherewithal to want or be able to see the insides of a Court Room .... do you think? Much of the time the only people who win in a Court Case are the lawyers.

But if it came to that how many more people would try to ridicule a non accredited breeder ?.

Not many I think.

It only takes one person to start the ball rolling.

Not only that, there are so many breeders that have such good reputations it would never harm them. :rainbowbridge:

Again many of us are at the end of our breeding days (dogs LOL) who care's if people say anything.

They are the ones that have put the writing on the wall, the new ones have that in front of them.

We have so many rules and regulations plied upon us by so many, no wonder so many are walking away.

If someone is going to speak ill of you, they will use whatever they have at their disposal.

I've seen breeders spoken about as if they are dirt because of how much they charge for a show puppy - it was cheaper than the "pet quality" of the speaker and therefore that meant they were less than pet quality. :rainbowbridge:

If you breed more litters than someone, then you are a puppy farmer. If you breed less than you aren't serious.

There already exists ways to advertise the "betterness" - Top Breeder competitions, Number of Champions, bred by an International Judge etc etc. Just cos I don't win any of those doesn't mean I can't sell puppies.

If someone wants to construe that I am less ethical because I'm not accredited, they can go right ahead. I guess it's not the first negative connotation slung my way. It doesn't make it any truer.

edited to add - I let my actions speak. These sorts of schemes are about the appearance of ethics and none of the actions of it.

Edited by Lowenhart

If someone is going to speak ill of you, they will use whatever they have at their disposal.

I've seen breeders spoken about as if they are dirt because of how much they charge for a show puppy - it was cheaper than the "pet quality" of the speaker and therefore that meant they were less than pet quality. :rainbowbridge:

If you breed more litters than someone, then you are a puppy farmer. If you breed less than you aren't serious.

There already exists ways to advertise the "betterness" - Top Breeder competitions, Number of Champions, bred by an International Judge etc etc. Just cos I don't win any of those doesn't mean I can't sell puppies.

If someone wants to construe that I am less ethical because I'm not accredited, they can go right ahead. I guess it's not the first negative connotation slung my way. It doesn't make it any truer.

edited to add - I let my actions speak. These sorts of schemes are about the appearance of ethics and none of the actions of it.

Yes totally agree however , in this case it appears to be your own regsitering body who is promoting them over those who choose not to be accredited. :cry:

Personally I agree with whoever said something along the lines of making it standard for everyone.

Or how about they actually enforce the rules and regulations that are already available to them to start with and see if that sorts some of them out.

Personally I agree with whoever said something along the lines of making it standard for everyone.

Or how about they actually enforce the rules and regulations that are already available to them to start with and see if that sorts some of them out.

yep

I've seen breeders spoken about as if they are dirt because of how much they charge for a show puppy - it was cheaper than the "pet quality" of the speaker and therefore that meant they were less than pet quality. :)

You have sure said a lot of truth Lowenheart. :)

As I said in a prior post their are a lot of breeders that are still here and still breeding some of Australia's top stock. Some breeders are so well known through out Australia and the world, not having the words accredited breeder will not put purchasers off, of purchasing quality stock to show and breed with.

But, I would bet they would have a laugh at seeing who has the word accredited.

You know this getting to be so silly, accredited breeder, if this only applies to Queensland, does that mean that the rest of Australian Breeders are less.

I don't think so.

So does this mean breeders through out Australia will need to become members of Dogs Queensland to become accredited to sell their puppies ?.

Now come on, you people out there are telling me and other breeders that you should be accredited.

So are the rest of you (Australian Breeders) going to become members of Dogs Queensland and become Accredited Breeders.

Remember there are people on this forum that are suggesting that if you are not accredited you may not be as ethical as those that are accredited.

You know this getting to be so silly, accredited breeder, if this only applies to Queensland, does that mean that the rest of Australian Breeders are less.

I don't think so.

So does this mean breeders through out Australia will need to become members of Dogs Queensland to become accredited to sell their puppies ?.

Now come on, you people out there are telling me and other breeders that you should be accredited.

So are the rest of you (Australian Breeders) going to become members of Dogs Queensland and become Accredited Breeders.

Remember there are people on this forum that are suggesting that if you are not accredited you may not be as ethical as those that are accredited.

i suspect the the other dogs whatever are watching and seeing how this is going and before long every state will have an accredited breeder program

I don't think so.

i suspect the the other dogs whatever are watching and seeing how this is going and before long every state will have an accredited breeder program

Oh, good heavens not another hue and cry.

Yes totally agree however , in this case it appears to be your own regsitering body who is promoting them over those who choose not to be accredited. :o

The back in the CCCQ days, they only gave out breeder details of those who had paid $70 to advertise in the magazine (and a bit more for the web), that could be considered an endorsement of the breeder, yes? So the dollars for endorsement of a breeder thing has been going on for quite some time.

DogsQLD is NOT the first stop for puppy buyers, google is. I'm wondering if accrediation with have any affect at all, as many clueless people don't even know what DogsQLD is.

As I said previously, I let my actions speak for me. It means a hell of a lot more than a jpeg and 2 words.

Edited by Lowenhart