C.c.c. Qld's New Breeder Accredited System

Swanbrook

Why dont you just tell Dogs QLD to bugger off -

and join another State CC

and/or the MDBA Registry? :)

Dracdog -

you can identify the breeder from the survey.

Doesn't work that way in Queensland.

You can only show in this state for three months and after that the dog must be either transferred to a member or the owner must be come a member of Dogs Queensland.

If the rule has changes please advise......... anyone.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you believe this should happen. Surely if the transfer or registration if filed with Dogs Qld., then we as breeders have done the right thing.

What more do you want. Is it legal to gather information on people like this. A bit of bad luck if the new owners do something wrong with the puppy (as has happened) and gets upset with the breeder and files a bad report.

This smack's as Big Brother Is Watching.

No I dont think it should happen Oakway. I dont know about the legalities of this though. I cant remember DogsQld asking the breeders if they would like this to happen. They just said it would. I cant remember DogsQld asking us about the Accredited Breeder system and letting us put forward submissions. They have just done it to appease the know it alls out there.

Heyyy

DogsQLD should ask breeders to fill out a survey on puppy buyers.

Could come up with lots of useful questions.

Maybe eventually an ulitmate database of the good apples and the bad apples.

And if a puppy buyers stuffs up once, then they ain't never going to get a puppy from another breeder in that state again.

uh-huh.

Edited by lilli

and/or the MDBA Registry? :)

Dracdog -

You can only show in this state for three months and after that the dog must be either transferred to a member or the owner must be come a member of Dogs Queensland.

How do DogsQLD know who is showing in their state and who isn't?

Is that three months consecutive?

Or three months in total?

Or literally three months of show days, so you cannot attend more than say 91 shows in QLD before you have to be a member?

Edited by lilli

and/or the MDBA Registry? :provoke:

Dracdog -

How do DogsQLD know who is showing in their state and who isn't?

Is that three months consecutive?

Or three months in total? Or literally three months of show days, so you cannot attend more than say 91 sows in QLD before you have to be a member?

3 calender months.

Easy, exhibitors don't like being beaten by a dog that is not owned by an exhibitor/transfered to new ownership.

Any points earned also become null and void after the 3 months.

Do you believe this should happen. Surely if the transfer or registration if filed with Dogs Qld., then we as breeders have done the right thing.

What more do you want. Is it legal to gather information on people like this. A bit of bad luck if the new owners do something wrong with the puppy (as has happened) and gets upset with the breeder and files a bad report.

No I dont think it should happen Oakway. I dont know about the legalities of this though. I cant remember DogsQld asking the breeders if they would like this to happen. They just said it would. I cant remember DogsQld asking us about the Accredited Breeder system and letting us put forward submissions. They have just done it to appease the know it alls out there.

Dracdog I dont know why I am bothering replying to you. Except to say this. You have no idea. Dont tell me what to do and how to do it when you simply DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA.

any person is entitled to an opinion

I can absolutely guarantee all Dogs Qld members (and forum participants) that the DQ Breeder Accreditation scheme is very highly regarded by both State and Local Governments. It is seen by them as yet another example of Dogs Queensland taking the initiative in regards to the "unresolved" question of dog breeding. More importantly the DQ BA scheme is seen as another means of setting responsible Dogs Queensland member breeders apart for BYB and puppy farmers. The Breeder Accreditation scheme is still in it's infancy so it will evolve over time. Ultimately it will be the puppy buyers who will drive this evolution - remember that every purchaser of a pedigreed, registered puppy in Qld receives a questionarre/feedback form from DQ about their experience with the breeder of their new puppy. So please don't underestimate the value of the recently introduced DQ BA scheme - embrace it as a means to an end - as an Accredited DQ member breeder I certainly support the scheme.

People on this forum, I would draw your attention what has been written in the above post. It is bold-ed below.

remember that every purchaser of a pedigreed, registered puppy in Qld receives a questionnaire/feedback form from DQ about their experience with the breeder of their new puppy

Also black dog :thumbsup: where has myself or any other breeder said ABS is not warranted. I am all for it. But not in the form it is now. It is self accreditation and you pay a fee and hey preseto you are accredited. An Accredited Breeder Scheme should be something earned not payed for by yourself.

Surely you must have been breeding for X amount of year's and produced outstanding dogs in your chosen breed. At least bred a few Champions.

There I started the ball rolling on an idea for an Accredited Breeders Scheme. As it stands now any person can be accredited breeder as long you hold a prefix and have bred one litter.

Dearest Oakway - I can recall information about the (what was then proposed) Breeder Accreditation scheme being published in the Qld Dog World on at least 2 occassions during 2010. Did you ever once contribute your thoughts and ideas to the proposed scheme when it was sought? Or did you (like many DQ members) simply go straight to the show schedule section and ignore the rest of the magazine designed to keep you and other members informed? Dogs Qld have no way of defending themselves against "snipers" like you I'm afraid - you sit protected behind your user name on forums like this and let fire with ill informed and inaccurate information which is then taken as gospel truth. You have been very vocal on this forum about what is wrong with the DQ BAS but nowhere can I find where you have offered some sort of alternative. You tell us you are a good breeder and that others who are accreditted may not be. What criteria do you use to judge your fellow member breeders - gut feel, jealousy, rumour and inuendo it would seem. And then you burr up at the thought of a puppy buyer being given the opportunity to provide feedback to DQ about their experience with a registered DQ breeder. That smacks of double standards - you tell us you are a skilled, experienced well regarded breeder but you are not prepared to accept the opiniona and feedback from the MOST important link in the chain - the puppy buyer. Sorry but I for one will place no credence whatsoever in your opinions in future.

I can absolutely guarantee all Dogs Qld members (and forum participants) that the DQ Breeder Accreditation scheme is very highly regarded by both State and Local Governments. It is seen by them as yet another example of Dogs Queensland taking the initiative in regards to the "unresolved" question of dog breeding. More importantly the DQ BA scheme is seen as another means of setting responsible Dogs Queensland member breeders apart for BYB and puppy farmers. The Breeder Accreditation scheme is still in it's infancy so it will evolve over time. Ultimately it will be the puppy buyers who will drive this evolution - remember that every purchaser of a pedigreed, registered puppy in Qld receives a questionarre/feedback form from DQ about their experience with the breeder of their new puppy. So please don't underestimate the value of the recently introduced DQ BA scheme - embrace it as a means to an end - as an Accredited DQ member breeder I certainly support the scheme.

People on this forum, I would draw your attention what has been written in the above post. It is bold-ed below.

remember that every purchaser of a pedigreed, registered puppy in Qld receives a questionnaire/feedback form from DQ about their experience with the breeder of their new puppy

Also black dog :thumbsup: where has myself or any other breeder said ABS is not warranted. I am all for it. But not in the form it is now. It is self accreditation and you pay a fee and hey preseto you are accredited. An Accredited Breeder Scheme should be something earned not payed for by yourself.

Surely you must have been breeding for X amount of year's and produced outstanding dogs in your chosen breed. At least bred a few Champions.

There I started the ball rolling on an idea for an Accredited Breeders Scheme. As it stands now any person can be accredited breeder as long you hold a prefix and have bred one litter.

Dearest Oakway - I can recall information about the (what was then proposed) Breeder Accreditation scheme being published in the Qld Dog World on at least 2 occassions during 2010. Did you ever once contribute your thoughts and ideas to the proposed scheme when it was sought? Or did you (like many DQ members) simply go straight to the show schedule section and ignore the rest of the magazine designed to keep you and other members informed? Dogs Qld have no way of defending themselves against "snipers" like you I'm afraid - you sit protected behind your user name on forums like this and let fire with ill informed and inaccurate information which is then taken as gospel truth. You have been very vocal on this forum about what is wrong with the DQ BAS but nowhere can I find where you have offered some sort of alternative. You tell us you are a good breeder and that others who are accreditted may not be. What criteria do you use to judge your fellow member breeders - gut feel, jealousy, rumour and inuendo it would seem. And then you burr up at the thought of a puppy buyer being given the opportunity to provide feedback to DQ about their experience with a registered DQ breeder. That smacks of double standards - you tell us you are a skilled, experienced well regarded breeder but you are not prepared to accept the opiniona and feedback from the MOST important link in the chain - the puppy buyer. Sorry but I for one will place no credence whatsoever in your opinions in future.

No didn't know a thing about it.

Wasn't a member.

Didn't even live in Queensland at the time.

As to my thoughts re the ABS go back and read. :)

Oh and by the way black dog I don't hide behind anything.

If you don't know the name Oakway you haven't watched enough Best In Shows over the years to see my dogs win them.

Also you may not have been at Dog Of The Year when I won that to.

You also may not have been at Puppy Of the Year when One of my puppies won that to. :thumbsup: