Cyclone In Nq

Guest bigdogg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigdogg

Im safe as.. Only started getting windy this arvo..

Havnt even got a bit of rain yet.. Im 50km inland though..

Everywhere south of me looks to copping a bit..

Yes, Yasi is massive..

I hope my kennels will stand up to it.. Sheep, chooks and turkeys are in there now.. Dogs will be with me if it comes.. Horses and cattle will just have to fend for themselves..

Guest bigdogg

Yasi is coming.. It looks like it will be devastating..

IF my kennels survive.. Anyone affected by Yasi and cannot house there pets I will have space available here..

In between Charters Towers and Townsville.

I thought it wasn't expected to hit until Wed evening??

It's not. It's forecast to make landfall as a category 4 storm, which is pretty serious, with in some cases up to a metre of rain over already saturated catchments.

Here's hoping Yasi changes her mind at the last minute and goes for a cruise over the seas instead.

bigdog,can you get away or just too many animals? I really hope it will be ok,trying to persuade my sister to head inland a bit :eek: Her dog has been unwell so she is reluctant to move him too far.

Really hoping it weakens/misses but it looks pretty scary just now.

Guest bigdogg

dogs, sheep, poultry, horses and cattle.. This captain will stay with his ship.

My wife and 9 month old are down in CQ already.. Which is great!!

There are people in the area that live in humpies / busted arse sheds.. I hope they have enough sense to evacuate.

I will fair better than a lot of others that live closer to the coast.

Coogie - they are evacuating some of Mackay now.

We are in Bowen, got through Anthony and now this.....the joys of the tropics.

Just had a text on my phone suggesting self evac from the area and then a call on the

landline with the warning signal and the same message - they are concerned about the

storm surge that will acompany it too.

Stay safe everyone, keep your dogs inside with you.

Yasi doesn't sound very good. Stay safe, bigdogg, supercharged, crisovar, and anyone else in that general area. Hope it turns into a depression, but even that isn't good. Thinking of you all, and if any of you need a hand, post on the general forum, and we will help if possible. :laugh:

I lived through Althea and to this day I dont know how - and they say this is bigger. It scared me enough to know if I was where you guys are Id be outta there. Stay safe and please let us know asap that you are O.K.

630 ABC Local Radio North Q'ld (& their website & facebook) are good for information. It's looped into all the relevent emergency services & supports. Keeps updating the current status of Warning.

I notice on their website, they include catering for pets in their planning advice.

http://www.abc.net.au/northqld/

631 ABC Local Radio Brisbane was brilliant during the floods in SE Qld. Just heard on it that Jetstar (& maybe other airlines, too) are putting on extra flights for people who want to get out of the danger zone.

Edited by mita