Cyclone In Nq

Guest bigdogg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 6 people in their 60's who placed a call requesting evacuation from their home. Unfortunately, they made the wrong decision to stay and it is too unsafe for rescue people to reach them now. They've been advised to bunker down on the 2nd floor of their home. The storm surge is expected to reach to at least the floor of the second story of their home.

My thoughts are with these people especially at this moment. They won't know that, but I am wishing them safety from harm. If there is a God, let him be with them and protect them.

ETA: Correction - they didn't ring emergency seeking evacuation. They rang to let authorities know they were there. They are very worried but are doing the only thing they know they can by hunkering down.

How scarey this all must be for those in the Yasi's path.

Edited by Erny

Starting to get a little windy here. Surprisingly we still have power. We fully expected damage on the coast to cut our power supply during the night. It was even calm enough when I got up to quickly take Molly out to the toilet. It is supposed to pass just to the north of us as a cat 2 during this morning. Not much rain.

Reports seem to be that major damage and loss of life has been avoided. Haven't heard much out of Mission Beach yet though.

Starting to get a little windy here. Surprisingly we still have power. We fully expected damage on the coast to cut our power supply during the night. It was even calm enough when I got up to quickly take Molly out to the toilet. It is supposed to pass just to the north of us as a cat 2 during this morning. Not much rain.

Reports seem to be that major damage and loss of life has been avoided. Haven't heard much out of Mission Beach yet though.

Looks like the bigger urban areas have been spared. Lets hope the smaller towns are too.

Guest bigdogg

Made it through...

Lots of trees down and branches.. No real major damage..

No power here - and doesnt look like mains power will be back for another 3 weeks - possible up to 6 weeks..

Generator was a well bought item..

Does anyone know if any one from the forum was affected?

• 2 weeks later...
Made it through...

No power here - and doesnt look like mains power will be back for another 3 weeks - possible up to 6 weeks..

Hi friends...Sorry have not been in touch ..we have been very badly hit by Yasi. Lost everything totally in and around our home but still have walls & a roof on(damaged & tarped)

WE have been emotionally & physically worn out even my husband has cried ..I did not stop for a week .

Have sent half my beautiful poodles away for a while as could not care for them properly..that was gut retching choosing who was to go..Cannot find the words to thank a very special friend for this help

Also had the terrible decision to make to allow my little Zulu to be put to sleep as she was in pain from her health problems and I was not able to keep her well

I had always promised her this would never happen but these decisions were taken out of my hands at this time of trouble

Am so cried out lately it is not funny but each day gets a little easier

My mother poodles with pups that should have been weaned continued to feed and care for their pups..they just seemed to know we needed help ..I was sleeping on the floor (still am) with all the dogs & 8 pups ..no fans ,power etc ..two girls in pup

Finally had some help around the area after 5 days ..we were worse hit and ignored by all

When the SES & emergency guys came in they basically saved our lives..never be able to thank them enough

We are still without power & will be for a long time ..most of the houses down our street have been totally demolished so lots of power problems..We had no drinking water bought through to us for 4 days as we were flooded in..no phone ..mobile or landline ..so as I said we were all very distressed

With 300 klm hr winds & 7 mtr swell it sure does a lot of damage

Thank goodness my sister-in -law lives close ..we came in here with 10 dogs & 8 ,7 week old pups ..her house was pristine ..now looks like a refugee camp

Had homes for all pups but lost all my paper work..names ,addresses etc..really stressed me till I was able to get in touch with them (Don bought me a new laptop & Internet stick a few days ago)

Insurance company has been deadly slow getting in touch so we have been very concerned about that (tidal surge clause) but finally came yesterday and said all covered. We have not a decent contents cover ..silly us ..but will give us a start

They are now doing their best to get the house into some basic repair so we may return there ..fencing high on their priority list for us

All house has to be sprayed & disinfected for germs & mould

BUT WE ALL SURVIVED

Hi friends...Sorry have not been in touch ..we have been very badly hit by Yasi. Lost everything totally in and around our home but still have walls & a roof on(damaged & tarped)

WE have been emotionally & physically worn out even my husband has cried ..I did not stop for a week .

BUT WE ALL SURVIVED

:) s to you and your family.

If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

More :o ;) s

BUT WE ALL SURVIVED

It is of course the main thing ..... but it doesn't make other loss less difficult. For all those who have suffered from the floods; Yasi; and the fires .... I wish you all the strength you need to pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and to begin moving forward once more.

:)

Redkidsmum, love and hugs to you, your family and of course all the dogs and pups. What a terrible time you are going through, praying everything will be sorted in record time. At least your insurance company is coming through. My thoughts are with you all up there. :hug:

Made it through...

Have sent half my beautiful poodles away for a while as could not care for them properly..that was gut retching choosing who was to go..Cannot find the words to thank a very special friend for this help

Also had the terrible decision to make to allow my little Zulu to be put to sleep as she was in pain from her health problems and I was not able to keep her well

I had always promised her this would never happen but these decisions were taken out of my hands at this time of trouble

Am so cried out lately it is not funny but each day gets a little easier

My mother poodles with pups that should have been weaned continued to feed and care for their pups..they just seemed to know we needed help ..I was sleeping on the floor (still am) with all the dogs & 8 pups ..no fans ,power etc ..two girls in pup

Finally had some help around the area after 5 days ..we were worse hit and ignored by all

When the SES & emergency guys came in they basically saved our lives..never be able to thank them enough

We are still without power & will be for a long time ..most of the houses down our street have been totally demolished so lots of power problems..We had no drinking water bought through to us for 4 days as we were flooded in..no phone ..mobile or landline ..so as I said we were all very distressed

With 300 klm hr winds & 7 mtr swell it sure does a lot of damage

Thank goodness my sister-in -law lives close ..we came in here with 10 dogs & 8 ,7 week old pups ..her house was pristine ..now looks like a refugee camp

Had homes for all pups but lost all my paper work..names ,addresses etc..really stressed me till I was able to get in touch with them (Don bought me a new laptop & Internet stick a few days ago)

Insurance company has been deadly slow getting in touch so we have been very concerned about that (tidal surge clause) but finally came yesterday and said all covered. We have not a decent contents cover ..silly us ..but will give us a start

They are now doing their best to get the house into some basic repair so we may return there ..fencing high on their priority list for us

All house has to be sprayed & disinfected for germs & mould

BUT WE ALL SURVIVED

Give us a yell we may be able to help with fencing or other things you might need.

www.mdbapacers.org.au 0269276706

Guest bigdogg

I still have my kennels available if you need them.. two spare pens 3.9m x 1.5m.. My dogs will be in one and the sheep at night time in the other.. yard is secured with 7 foot chain wire now so nothing should jump out..

Im near Woodstock, so give me a yell if i can help.. I dare say you are a few hours north of me though..