Monthly Heartworm Prevention

Stitch

The other night when my sister was giving her King Charles Cavaliers their monthly Interceptor her smaller female not only had her dose but the larger males as well. Harley spat it out and Ruby cobbled it up before she could stop her! there has been no side effects 3 day later. You would have thought she would have some signs, runny poohs?

My Cavaliers have Sentinel Spectrum with no side effects, but it's always given to them whilst they're eating dinner, i.e. there's plenty of lining in the stomach. I find it effective and have never found a flea on them, either. I, too, buy over the internet from Priceless Pets in Queensland. I am not a supporter of annual heart-worm inoculation as I'm convinced that one of my boys developed an immune disease which eventually killed him after his one and only injection. Still, I've learnt that all dogs are individuals and sometimes have unique reactions to any drugs. Similarly, one of my cavaliers in the past had a bad reaction to locally applied flea treatment and years ago, a flea collar caused a nasty skin problem with yet another.

I wish that I didn't have to give them anything, but that's just not practical.

Interesting Poodlefan, I will add Proheart to my shopping list and give that a go plus only administer meds once they have something in their stomach.

Yes Lally, dogs are like us, they are all different and what suits one doesn't suit everyone.

It is great to be able to share experiences about these things on DOL - there is always something we can learn!