Temporary Dog Fencing

Katie P

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of redoing our garden and the houses next door are wanting to put up new fences. Hence we need to put in temporary fencing for a small Maltese x puppy. I was wondering if anyone could reccommend cheap, yet sturdy temp fencing? It would probs be up for around 2 months. He can't jump etc and can escape through small holes......

chicken wire and star pickets using tent pegs to hold it down or trallis using the star pickets to hold it up

both cheap and can be reused

Yep, that worked when we had to keep our BC puppies seperated. (Puppies, not older dogs - so about the size of your little one.)

T

chicken wire and the pickets held my malinios pup 3m old til 8m oldin untill he worked out how to chew the soft wire then he moved into a proper kennel run and is all sweet now

Edited by cramet

We'll be buying 2 of these sorts of pens off ebay or a pet store and wiring them into a fence to make a dog run for use while we're at work (I've already got tin snips and wire). I'll use steel pegs to secure it to the ground.

Pet-Dog-Playpen-24-00.jpg

I like the chicken wire and star picket idea - but this has a swinging gate which we'll need. Plus we live in a rather snooty area and people walk by our backyard every day. There are certain rules we need to abide by in terms of fencing (I think our neighbourhood complainer guy would write a raft of complaints to estate mgmt about a chicken wire fence!)

I'll also be checking with my BIL who does metal work to see if he comes up with a better solution for less than $100.

We'll be buying 2 of these sorts of pens off ebay or a pet store and wiring them into a fence to make a dog run for use while we're at work (I've already got tin snips and wire). I'll use steel pegs to secure it to the ground.

Pet-Dog-Playpen-24-00.jpg

I like the chicken wire and star picket idea - but this has a swinging gate which we'll need. Plus we live in a rather snooty area and people walk by our backyard every day. There are certain rules we need to abide by in terms of fencing (I think our neighbourhood complainer guy would write a raft of complaints to estate mgmt about a chicken wire fence!)

I'll also be checking with my BIL who does metal work to see if he comes up with a better solution for less than $100.

Go to bunnings and buy the metal/wire compost bins. they are exactly the same as the pen above in terms of height and the gaps in the panels and about one third of the price. I have these up at my place for internal fencing to keep my girls (shetland sheepdogs) out of areas I don't want them in - like my carport. I secure them around other posts with fencing wire, or I use tent pegs to secure them to the ground. There are 4 panels in each compost bin and come with the means to join the pieces together. It works really really well and is cheap. I also used them to make my pen for when I take them to shows.

Thanks everyone! I think a trip to bunnings is in order tomorrow!! You have all given me some good ideas :o

Yeah Stonecutter, I would prefer something like that but we have 2 we joined together and it isnt really big enough for him to run around during the day (Lots of zoomies from our boy).....would buy a stack if they werent so expensive! Would prefer to go and pick it up at a store/warehouse as I dont have a credit card. .......would love it if I could buy about 4 for under $150 (I'll keep dreaming!)

While you are at Bunnings have a look at the sheets of weld mesh. They are heaps bigger then the compost panels. Bunnings are also selling pool fencing for $80 a piece, pup might be able to get through the rails of that though. My Bunnings is also selling/renting temporary fencing.

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of redoing our garden and the houses next door are wanting to put up new fences. Hence we need to put in temporary fencing for a small Maltese x puppy. I was wondering if anyone could reccommend cheap, yet sturdy temp fencing? It would probs be up for around 2 months. He can't jump etc and can escape through small holes......

Is this the sort of thing you're after - I posted this in another thread:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&a...t&p=5087987