What's The Most Ridiculous Thing Your Dog's Been Called?

~Rumour~

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my white shepherd gets

- Husky

- mareema with ears that stand up?????

- malamute

- Albino German Shepherd/ Alsatian

- husky x GSD?

"why doesn't your Albino GSD have blue eyes?" would have to be the hardest comment to keep a straight face with

Akita, Basenji and Pug here.

My personal favourites are those who insist Rafael especially can't possibly be a full blood Shar Pei because he doesn't have enough wrinkles. Guess what folks, he is lol. Pei also apparently do not come in chocolate, hence Sofia is also some random cross breed :)

A picture I took of PAX's merle border collie is hanging in a local pet place. She was the subject of many an argument with people insisting that she's an Aussie Shepherd!

My Red and White Border Collie gets called an Aussie as well, Because Borders only come in B&W you know.... :)

I often get asked if my Labs have any Labrador in them. Apparently, they aren't fat enough to be a purebred :)

Also been asked if one is part ridgeback as she had her hackles up.

I get asked if Mason is a lab to because he is not overweight - many people cant understand why a lab does not need to be obese.

Apart from the usual comments than some people can come out with about Rottweilers - but - the "wally award" has gone to a potential puppy person who came to see rottweiler puppies - "I didn't know Rottweilers came in cream" - as Lizzy came running around the side of the house with the rottie pups. UM no they don't - that is a pug pup - not a rottweiler pup... :p :) At first I really thought she was joking - but sadly she was serious, no idea how I kept a straight face....but she topped it off with "I have had 3 Rottweilers so I know what I am in for" - maybe so - but clearly no idea that they only came in black/tan.

Edited by Andisa

My Vizsla has a white "T" on his chest and white hairs on his chin and is red. He gets called an Amstaff on a regular basis, even though he doesn't look like one at all :) People say it's because he has white and they don't normally have as much as he does, if any.

Edit - Jo, that's AWFUL!!! Please tell me you gave the pound grief over that one.

Edited by Bundy's Mum

I often get asked if my Labs have any Labrador in them. Apparently, they aren't fat enough to be a purebred :)

Also been asked if one is part ridgeback as she had her hackles up.

Oh!! I get that all the time with Jeff - people ask me if he's Kelpie x Lab because he's lean and can run like a demon!! I say no, he's pure lab - he's just fed the right amount and exercised regularly like all dogs should be! :p

The Aussies are usually BCs, Coolies or Husky crosses. And we get the whole "what did you do to their tails" or "I thought you weren't allowed to dock anymore". Plus the "blind in the blue eye".

Ruby has been called a "Whiskey" Terrier :p and of course ugly. :) We've been asked if she's an Airedale or a Fox Terrier too.

One year at the Adelaide Royal, we had the Irish and our friend with her Lakeland was next to us. We ended up looking after the Lakie when our friend was off running her stand, so of course we got asked if the Lakie was a baby Irish.

Yup, I've been TOLD that my Aussie is a dalmatian x husky. When I've informed them otherwise, I've been told that I'm wrong, there's no such thing as an Australian Shepherd, must be one of those designer breeds. No, the papers are wrong :)

Tell me that crossing a Dalmatian with a Husky would give you something that herds?????