Dog Nicknames

Katie P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jag always got Jaggy Bum, but since the weekend after he pooed in 2 CCD rings :thumbsup: he now gets "The Cable Guy" :thumbsup:

LOL!

Elly (Rotti) - Elysha (her actual pedigree name), Els, Elly-mog, Mog, puppy, puppy-mog, darling

One day I tried calling her random names seeing which she would come to... she responded to anything similar to the above... she didn't come for Brunhilda though hehehe

Lexi (Bengal kitten) - Electra (was her inital name, but Lexi is easier to day!), Lecki-puss, skitty (guess why LOL), ninja kitty

(DP's 2yo niece couldn't say Lexi, and DSD1 was teaching DN to say "lexi come" so DN was saying "Lecki, come!" so that is where Lecki comes from :eek: )

Syd (kitten from RSPCA, but looks and acts incredibly like a Russian Blue) - Sydney, little man

Jag always got Jaggy Bum, but since the weekend after he pooed in 2 CCD rings :thumbsup: he now gets "The Cable Guy" :thumbsup:

LOL!

Elly (Rotti) - Elysha (her actual pedigree name), Els, Elly-mog, Mog, puppy, puppy-mog, darling

One day I tried calling her random names seeing which she would come to... she responded to anything similar to the above... she didn't come for Brunhilda though hehehe

Lexi (Bengal kitten) - Electra (was her inital name, but Lexi is easier to day!), Lecki-puss, skitty (guess why LOL), ninja kitty

(DP's 2yo niece couldn't say Lexi, and DSD1 was teaching DN to say "lexi come" so DN was saying "Lecki, come!" so that is where Lecki comes from :eek: )

Syd (kitten from RSPCA, but looks and acts incredibly like a Russian Blue) - Sydney, little man

Yes Tone has a bit to do with it as well. I live on 5 acres and my 2 BM's come to their own names Mystro and Chello but for both together "Big Dogs" brings them both bounding.

So......what do we nickname our dogs?! Any odd ones?

Poor Chase is also affectionately known as "Potty" and "Poopy" by Mum and siblings :thumbsup: it wasn't until my friend commented on how we seemed to like names associated with toilets that it hit home :) unfortunately Chase got so used to being called Potty that he ONLY responded to it for 2 weeks :eek: so of course when we were out and about, I would call his name to get his attention with no response.....until I realised I had to do the "Poooooootttttttyyyy" and pup bounced back over- needless to say we earned some weird looks!

Since Albus is adopted, we used to play guess-his-old-name... until one fateful night I used "Goofy" and he came over for a pat :D Now he just look at us and tilt his head :thumbsup: We don't have odd nicknames (yet?), just shortened version of his name or puppup or puppy.

Kovu - Vu man , kovy ,moo man.

Pixie - poody girl , poodle pup

Kodak - Kodes , Kody

Karma - baby , puppy girl

Dreamy - Dreams, pissy puppy

Marlon - Marlony , feathers lol

Link (cat) - Fat cat -I actually don't think Ive ever called him Link though its on his microhip lol.

Printz (cat) - pooncy cat.

ETA the cats lol

Edited by sheree_e4

My boss' dog is named Sam - but he calls him "boofhead". The dog gets really excited when my boss is chastising his son and calling him a boofhead - son is trying to look ashamed/upset/angry, dog is super excited because he thinks its playtime! :lol:

My boss' dog is named Sam - but he calls him "boofhead". The dog gets really excited when my boss is chastising his son and calling him a boofhead - son is trying to look ashamed/upset/angry, dog is super excited because he thinks its playtime! :lol:

That is just lovely. Talk about mixed messages. :thumbsup:

Our tibetan spaniel, Annie, who was born in Sweden, gets the nickname Abbaface.

I was googling thro' tibean spaniel pics recently & came upon a pic which was the spitting image of Annie. Turned out it was another Swedish tibbie.

Obviously, another Abbaface. :thumbsup:

Magnum (Rotti X Pitbull)- gets magnabum, boofhead, big boofa, dribble d@*$ (he's 10 and starting to get incontinent)

Addy (Whippet X)- addy daddy dingle dog, biatch, lazy cow (she expects you to step over her, not happening in this household)

Piper (Toy poodle) - Pricess Piper, butt breath, nutter,

Milo (terrier X) - Milo the didlio, milo the brave, licky dog (Yes his tongue can go up your nose) feather butt,

We have so many, there are also the ones like "you jealous cow" 'stop being a tart', "move it fart face" etc etc. And they all answer to "Oi!!", "You mob" and my personal fav, "get your furry little arse over here NOW". The two little ones also come to 'little dogs'.

Ah yes, ALL dogs know the "OI" command :thumbsup:

When I first got Harrison his name was Hogan (but I hated that name) he responded quite well to Harrison. When I met OH he started calling Harrison "Hazza" and Dylan "Dyzza" - they both answer to those names - Oh, and Dylan is also sometimes (Mr.Poodlemum being a Tolkein fan) Dyldo Doggins.

Edited by poodlemum

Buster is Buzzy Fuzzy Wuzzy Buzzy, Buzzwing or Buggins.

Quinn is Quincy, Quinlay, Quindelin, Quinnegan, Quinno and Q-Dog.

Both are Babe on occasion which gets really embarrassing when we're out but oh well.

Reading through this topic has brightened my day, how funny!

Indy usually gets - Indykins, ranga, fanta pants or ginger ninja (obviously she's red), kinsy, princess, pumpkin or lately "old bitch"

Buster has been lucky so far with only Buster Bones, little man, poopy pants or blue dog.

we have 2 dallies amoungts others.

the dallys get called 'matians ,'maches and the spots...

as there are 6 dogies in total... they often get refered to as hot diggity dogies.. (manly the spoted ones due the fact they will often starting digin to china)

the jrts get called terriosts... oh and barney gets called rubble.... as he like to hunt and rummage.

Zedley gets Pearly-Boy (he has lovely teeth :D ), Zipper, Zippy and Kirk = don't ask, I have no idea why I call him Kirk from time to time :thumbsup:

He is AKA Shirley :laugh: My 3 yr old g/daughter got her dressing-gown belt, tied it around Zedley's neck and tied it to the table leg. Then she announced "Nana, look I have a new dog" (they have a Wei), so I asked her what she was going to call her new dog "Shirley" came the reply (she can say Zedley). She then walked into the wardrobe and siad that it was their new home. My son and I nearly choked with suppressed laughter :laugh:

Chase is often Chazzy, Chazmo or Cheezel

Kalais, usually gets Lay Lay or Kalalais

Kijana gets Yani, Yana or bitch

Keisha gets Keeshy, Keesh

Kobe, who is going to his new home this weekend gets Kobo, Bobo, Wowo/s or Momo

Pepe gets Peppernee, snippet, sneppernee

And Sniffy gets Sniff, Sniffo, sniffno, sniffernee, snifferno and quite often I say Pippy and Sneffy rather than Pepe and Sniffy

Its good to see Im not the only one that comes up with silly names for my dogs,lol.