Hip And Elbow Scoring

zenchel

There have been many enquiries as to alternatives for hip and elbow scoring following Dr Wyburn's unfortunate illness. Apart from the ANKC/AVA scheme, which your vet will know about (hopefully!) there are two private options, Dr Roger Lavelle and Drs Graeme Allan and Robert Nicoll.

Dr Roger Lavelle

Lavelles Diagnostic Imaging

80 Ashworths Road

Lancefield Vic 3435

Requirements:

Photocopy of dog’s registration certificate with details correct particularly owners details and the need for microchip information to be embossed permanently on the radiographs . Cost $80 Hips and Elbows

$63.00 Hips Only

$17 Elbows only

10 working days for results.

Drs Graeme Allan and Robert Nicoll

Veterinary Imaging Associates

http://www.online-vets.com/

Readers MUST be members of the Radiology Chapter of the AVA; some names mentioned on this forum as being able to score xrays aren't.

Sylvia

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, my vet is not even xraying dogs at all regardless of me sending them off to Lavelle's. :laugh:

I have one here who I really want to get done but no one will do it for me!

dancinbcs, I'm not sure but I know Lavelle doesn't have any documents for the vet to fill in and sign all you need is a copy of dogs pedigree and the xrays.

Currently, my vet is not even xraying dogs at all regardless of me sending them off to Lavelle's. :D

I have one here who I really want to get done but no one will do it for me!

dancinbcs, I'm not sure but I know Lavelle doesn't have any documents for the vet to fill in and sign all you need is a copy of dogs pedigree and the xrays.

Don't you go to Cartmills ? I had some done there just before Xmas :)

Yep. Suzanne said they wont be doing them. Not sure if that means forever or just while Wyburn is away.

She said she'll contact me on Monday.

If I want them done I will most likely have to travel to Calamvale :)

not wishing ill to the man but he is going to pass someday, so the vets will never hip and elbow xray again? How ridiculous. It shouldn't matter to a vet who reads your xrays, that's your problem not theirs.

I called in to the vets today and I directed the staff to the forum and the names mentioned here of other scorers.

I suggest you call again on Monday though Rysintira or even mid week and hopefully they have passed my message on to Geoff.

A friend of mine is having some x-rays done at the end of this month at a vet in Wamuran I beleive. Vet at Narangba does them too I think (youngs road, near the high school) but not sure of the costs.

The reason it does matter to the vets who reads them is that from what I understand the AVA is particularly fussy on the actual quality of the x-ray films and the smaller vets don't want the expense if the AVA is going to keep making them re-do them for things that are irrelevant to the actual bits they need to be looking at.

Edited by MissMonaro

I had all my stuff with Wyburn when he became ill and it was all sent back unscored. I was recommended Lavelle by a few DOLers, and so got all my stuff resent to him.

I'd have to say I am pretty happy with Lavelle. Excellent price, and had everything back in under a week(interstate too!). ;) The only difference between Lavelle and Wyburn is that my vet emailed the xrays to Wyburn, but Lavelle requires the actual films.

I would definately use him again. Thanks to those who suggested him. :p

ETA: this was for 2 dogs to be scored.

Edited by Got nuthin

Geoff (MM and my regular vet) is around $320 without wyburns reading fee.

Calamvale are $270. I've had three Borders go through that vet and have been happy with the positioning and the resulting scores.

Seems ther further you travel the cheaper it gets, but the money you save traveling to get the cheap price you spend in Petrol :provoke::provoke:

Geoff (MM and my regular vet) is around $320 without wyburns reading fee.

Calamvale are $270. I've had three Borders go through that vet and have been happy with the positioning and the resulting scores.

Seems ther further you travel the cheaper it gets, but the money you save traveling to get the cheap price you spend in Petrol :provoke::provoke:

Its always the way. And pertrol is so damn expensive.

My usual vet is Burpengary, they charge $330 WITH Wyburn scoring. Might be worth checking them out, they would be quite close to you. Will save Shelby a sicky car ride. I have always got good scores from him.