Litters Due In April 2011

Bilbo Baggins

We have puppies. After a very, very long night we ended up with 9 beautiful lab babies and unfortunately 1 was still born so she had 10 in all.

She took a very long time to start, but once pups started coming she pumped them out pretty well from about 2.30am until 7.10am.

We have 2 yellow girls, 1 black boys, 3 black girls, 1 yellow boy and 2 chocolate boys (which I wasn't expecting at all!) All doing well.

Mum has had a few moments where I think she was overwhelmed and had a little growl, I have given her calcium and hoping that the growl

was related to the pain.

Very tired now, but have to keep an eye on mum just to make sure she is coping with all those puppies around her!

Photos soon.

Edited by shellbyville

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was it stressful? anything happen or just first timer nerves?

Because I'm a sook and Lola is a sook :rofl:

Oh that and having to wait in the car for 45 minutes because they were running late :) So Lola and the puppies were seperated for a while :)

We have puppies. After a very, very long night we ended up with 9 beautiful lab babies and unfortunately 1 was still born so she had 10 in all.

She took a very long time to start, but once pups started coming she pumped them out pretty well from about 2.30am until 7.10am.

We have 2 yellow girls, 1 black boys, 3 black girls, 1 yellow boy and 2 chocolate boys (which I wasn't expecting at all!) All doing well.

Mum has had a few moments where I think she was overwhelmed and had a little growl, I have given her calcium and hoping that the growl

was related to the pain.

Very tired now, but have to keep an eye on mum just to make sure she is coping with all those puppies around her!

Photos soon.

Congratulation Shellby!! Those babies are adorable!

How is Nima Tibbiemax? I've been wondering about her all day.

still intact around 3 pm when I last saw tibbiemax :thumbsup:

Thanks Rebanne :thumbsup: I think I'm almost as excited about Nima and Leah having pups as I am about Marie maybe having them :thumbsup:

Beautiful SV! Love the 2 chocolate surprises. RIP the little one that didnt make it, was it the first one?

It was actually the 9th puppy, so second last. She did have a long break between the 8th and 9th! He was blue and had been gone a little while. I actually expected the last puppy to possibly have passed as well, but he was fine!

It is always sad to lose one, even when the litter is large.

Daisy is doing so much better later today she has taken to her puppies beautifully, no more growling and she is cleaning and toileting like a pro. I am still with her all the time, just to make sure, as she is still a bit clumsy with them.

Hopefully Daisy & I will get a bit of sleep tonight.

Took some more photos today...

Lola is taking this whole motherhood thing very seriously:

IMGP3230.jpg

Puglsey is pretty good at this motoring around thing, he gets right up on his back legs and pushes himself around:

IMGP3235.jpg

Two peas in a pod... you can see the smiley face on Wednesday's back in this shot:

IMGP3244.jpg

How is Nima Tibbiemax? I've been wondering about her all day.

still intact around 3 pm when I last saw tibbiemax :thumbsup:

Thanks Rebanne :thumbsup: I think I'm almost as excited about Nima and Leah having pups as I am about Marie maybe having them :thumbsup:

Yes, no action here yet, waiting is very hard LOL

Congrats to all the new additions. :thumbsup: All the bubs are gorgeous. :thumbsup:

Cazzie so sorry for your loss. It must be heartbreaking for you.

Choc bc hope mum is better.

Shellbyville I can't believe how enormous your girl was in those pics! :thumbsup:

My pups are 6 days old today but are such fat little piggies they could pass for twice their age. Indi is doing great with her mothering, and has recovered well from her ordeal. She is none too impressed that she can't hang out with the rest of the gang though, but she is on "light duties" for 2 weeks to recover from surgery.

:) Oh my - she is very much making sure they are all tucked away safe from the camera monster, isn't she!

BTW, I ADORE the face on Wednesday's rear end - however, it may just be the camera angle, but I just can't see the smile... to me it looks a lot more like this:

:/

In which case, you may be bringing up a Wednesday ( /brat ) indeed!

Keep the photos coming, I loooove seeing all your kiddies!

Oakway - Whippets - 1st. 01/04/2011. 3 boys 7 girls

becks - Miniature Schnauzers - 5th. 01/04/2011. 2 boys 3 girls

skyehaven - Flat Coated Retrievers - ???. 04/04/2011. 7 boys 6 girls 1 girl died

choc_bordercollie - Border Collie - ???. 08/04/2011. 3 boys 6 girls + 1 stillborn

Got nuthin - Labradors -9th. 10/04/2011. 3 boys 6 girls 1 boy and 1 girl died.

woodys - Cocker Spaniels - 9th. 08/04/2011. 2 boys 5 girls

Lady of the Ghans - Lowchens -10th. 12/04/2011. 1 boy 1 girl

Bailey's Mum - Australian Terriers - 16th. 12/04/2011. 1 boy 8 girls

cazzie - Boston Terriers - 16th. All died.

Tibbiemax71 - Tibetan Spaniels - 16th.

Shelbyville - Labrador Retrievers - 16th. 4 boys 5 girls 1 stillborn ?sex

labs26 - Labradors - 20th.

Tibbiemax71 - Tibetan Spaniels - 20th.

AdoubleJ - Beagles - 22rd.

KC Blue - Whippets - 23rd.

ish - German Shepherds - 24th.

Kanati Whippets - Whippets - 24th.

hilaryo - Beagles - 28th.

murmarstaffs - Staffordshire Terriers - 30th.

Sorry the little stillborn was a yellow boy. Would have been 5 girls, 5 boys!