Water Bowls Inside

PAX

I have a slightly different problem. My dogs don't drip the water all over the floor, they SPLASH it all over the floor. We have a doggy door so they just have to go outside to get a drink now. However, when I'm at work it's a problem because we fill up three - five bowls of water depending on how hot it is and they've splashed it everywhere by the time we get home and have probably had no water for three hours.

Anyone have a suggestion of a non-splash water bowl?

Yep, one of these: Road Refresher http://www.roadrefresher.com/

Supposed to stop the slobber too!

I bought mine from here http://www.sprout.net.au/road_refresher.html

OH my doG!! That looks like the answer to all my troubles!! Does it actually work?? Is it large enough for big dogs???

OH my doG!! That looks like the answer to all my troubles!! Does it actually work?? Is it large enough for big dogs???

The size is fine for my Ridgie :provoke:

Not sure about the non drool bit (as he doesn't dribble much with water), but as it only lets a sip through at a time I think it would help.

It's certainly non spill though and I doubt a dog would/could dig in it.

Look on youtube for a slow motion film of dogs and cats drinking -- it's amazing how different their methods are -- cats lick up water onto the top of their tongues and close the tongue around it, dogs pull the water onto the bottom of their tongue and somehow carry it into their mouths -- it's amazing more water doesn't end up on the floor.

Don't know about that, my CAT is the one that dribbles in this house where as Kei carefully licks his water up from the side of the bowl :provoke:

I now put the water bucket in the laundry. The laundry doesn't have a door so there is no risk of them not having access to it. I sit the water bucket right next to the drain in the floor.

Then by the time they have walked out of the laundry from having their drink they have no watery slobber left :provoke: so the rest of the house stays o.k.

Kyojin splashes water everywhere when he drinks. He can trail it the entire length of our hallway, and then some! So much so that everytime I stand in anything wet I'm never certain that it's not a puddle of pee :provoke:

I have a slightly different problem. My dogs don't drip the water all over the floor, they SPLASH it all over the floor. We have a doggy door so they just have to go outside to get a drink now. However, when I'm at work it's a problem because we fill up three - five bowls of water depending on how hot it is and they've splashed it everywhere by the time we get home and have probably had no water for three hours.

Anyone have a suggestion of a non-splash water bowl?

Yep, one of these: Road Refresher http://www.roadrefresher.com/

Supposed to stop the slobber too!

I bought mine from here http://www.sprout.net.au/road_refresher.html

Nope, I got one thinking it would stop Lexi from making a mess, but she still gets it everywhere

ETA - It works great as a non spill, but as far as reducing slobber and drips...nope

Edited by GoldenGirl85

Our two are messy drinkers. Both water bowls are outside, which they have access through a doggy door.

However, the problem with us isn't the water that is on the floor, it's that they tend to come in and say 'hello'...with their muzzle or wet and dripping! Hee, hee. We think it's hilarious when they do the same to our guests much to their bemusement! Just hearing their squeals is enough of an award. Ha, ha. :D

We have outside waterbowls at the front and back but they still like to drink from the inside one.

The one inside we got from Petbarn and it holds two litres of water but only has a small amount about 1cm deep available in the bottom part of the bowl. The water enters the bowl through a small slit in the bottom. The advertising says that the water stays cooler but great also for travelling as it has a tap on the top where you refill and you can lock it off and no water enters the bottom of the bowl at all.

Seems like World for Pets sells them too http://www.worldforpets.com.au/products/pr...tail.asp?ID=911

Can definately recommend as our three love it. They dont like those collapsible travel bowls so good for home and away.

Edited by daisygirl

We have outside waterbowls at the front and back but they still like to drink from the inside one.

The one inside we got from Petbarn and it holds two litres of water but only has a small amount about 1cm deep available in the bottom part of the bowl. The water enters the bowl through a small slit in the bottom. The advertising says that the water stays cooler but great also for travelling as it has a tap on the top where you refill and you can lock it off and no water enters the bottom of the bowl at all.

Seems like World for Pets sells them too http://www.worldforpets.com.au/products/pr...tail.asp?ID=911

That's quite expensive for that water bowl, I have seen them for under $50 elsewhere. Good to know they are effective!

I've got a small shihtzu x back home in Indonesia and we got one of those water bottle that drips (like a bunny's water bottle) instead of using bowls. It has it's own stand with a little food bowl underneath.

The water flow is really good and Lilo loves it (she hates getting her fur wet). Unfortunately it's not suitable for medium/big dogs :laugh:

One of my dogs. that lives indoors, dribbles all over the kitchen floor after he drinks. I keep a towell under the water bowl and another towell to clean up the drips.

How do other people manage this problem? I have nearly slipped so many times sliding in the drips. :laugh:

Have also got outdoor water bowls but the water indoors must taste better. :heart:

ETA for typos

We have a large car drip tray we brought from Repco and that has a towel under it.

Gypsy seems to think that she needs to empty any bowl, be it food or water, that is inside. She will stand there drinking, and drinking, and drinking, even though she has obviously had enough, until I yell her name to stop. Then she gets startled and decides not to swallow the mouthful she just had so it comes running out the sides of her lips. She then proceeds to try and give me a hug to say sorry for being a pig, although I swear she actually does it just to wipe the drips onto me-one time she done a very obvious rest the chin on the leg, wipe mouth to the left, then to the right, then walk away!