My Other Sister Says She Is Getting A Goldenoodle?!

LizT

This is my other sister who lives in London.

:champagne: :D :(:laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::eek::eek::cry: :D :D ;) :banghead::banghead:

What else can I say?? :(

FINALLY......My sister is the proud owner of a lovely Chocolate Miniature Poodle called Louis. :)

Edited by LizT

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh........Glad I'm not the only one!!!

I'm just so frustrated as she has spent so much time researching and talking to breeders and she says she is going to go see the litter and parents this weekend!!!

She sent me a photo of mum and bubs. These pups are new borns :laugh: and pinkies almost (they're white but so 'fresh' still)!! I told her no Responsible breeder would allow people to come see newborn puppies, let alone before 6 weeks and their first vaccs! Clearly not knowledgable people.

And here's my other sister (in Melbourne) doing her homework and getting a Schnauzer from a Reputable breeder she met at the Melb. Royal. At least one is listening.

I mean.....don't Poodles and Golden Retrievers both have their own separate eye problem issues??? Why mix it up with a non screened set of parents???? :heart:

Goldenoodle? I heard this type of crossbred dog referred to as a "Golden Retroodle" on a very funny show called 'Party Down' on ABC2 recently. It was meant to be satirical but truth is stranger than fiction as they say...

Does sound like an Asian Takeaway!!! :laugh: Apartently "oodles" are incrediably popular in London.

Sigh........Glad I'm not the only one!!!

I'm just so frustrated as she has spent so much time researching...

Well, your sister must have missed this article in the science section of the Guardian newspaper (UK based).

The man who first crossed labradors with poodles (labradoodle) to try to get 'better' guide dogs, says that it was not a bright idea at all. It didn't produce 'better' guide dogs, but he says it led to an explosion of crossing poodles with all sorts of breeds, to get unlimited 'oodles'. He says many of them have problems....& lots more. Yes....'groodles' are mentioned. He regrets, with a passion, what he started.

So tell your sister to lock herself in the bathroom & go nowhere to buy a puppy, until she's read this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/nov...ors-idea-regret

My brother got a Lab x Bordercollie or somthing..my next door neighbour got a minipin x fox terrier....

the reality is you cant tell people what they should do in the end..just let em know that facts and then try to refrain from saying "I told you so" when problems arise! lol

Edited by Missymoo

That combination of breeds may be prone to hip and elbow issues, PRA and heart problems. Odds are the "breeder" won't test for any of them.

The dog could be wool, wire or long coated. Odds are it will shed and be a nightmare to groom.

The pup could grow up to be far larger than they expect though - that's pretty common.

No point in labouring the "puppy farm" issue to people who don't care to listen. Save your breath. Honestly.

To be fair I've not ever come across a Goldie X Poodle that I didn't like, and I've groomed heaps.

Years ago I managed to talk my brother out of a 'Labradoodle' but when they switched to Schnauzer I really had to put the hard yards in :laugh: They ended up with a rescue Border Collie.

Edited by Clyde

To be fair I've not ever come across a Goldie X Poodle that I didn't like, and I've groomed heaps.

Years ago I managed to talk my brother out of a 'Labradoodle' but when they switched to Schnauzer I really had to put the hard yards in :) They ended up with a rescue Border Collie.

That's the problem, she spent the day at a friends Grooming Salon!! Sent me "oodles" of photos of "Dogs she fell in love with, with WONDERFUL temperaments".

LOL The other sister is getting a Schnauzer for a first dog.