Car Rental Allowing Dogs?

JoAnnP

We hired from Budget recently, at Brisbane. They said that the car had to be returned in a clean condition ( as per normal), and that was about it. They had no qualms about us having a dog, as the onus was on us to return the car undamaged and in a reasonably clean state. If you return a car with damaged upholstery / smell, dog hair everywhere, they would just charge you extra. So I took our dog in a travel crate. The car was safe from her. There was no drama at all. If you feel like taking along a dog, getting it wet and letting it climb all over the interior of the car, I'd say that isn't the best plan. We were careful to look after the car. Our dog made less mess than our three kids.

I used bayswater car hire in Perth recently

They were great. Apart from having a policy returning the car with not full tank (which means you drive away with one with a not full tank - bleah).

They didn't ask about what I wanted to put in the car - apparently that's my business. I didn't have a dog, but I did let my brother sit in the car...

Thanks for the replies :eek:

I know they probably wouldn't know if we did have our dog with us [as seen in my avatar] as we would certainly make sure the car was returned as we found it, however, just trying to be honest :cry:

We are travelling from Sydney to Cootamundra & back in the April school holidays

Last time I had a hire car I did ask them what their policy was for dogs, they said that pets are not allowed in the car BUT if the car is returned in a clean condition, then they will not know if I had my dogs in the car.

Hi, We are holidaying soon & looking to hire a 6-8 seater van. Does anyone know which car rental companies allow dogs?

Thanks so much in advance :rofl:

Jo-Ann [sydney]

Don't tell them

and have the car professionally cleaned inside before you return it.

Hi, We are holidaying soon & looking to hire a 6-8 seater van. Does anyone know which car rental companies allow dogs?

Thanks so much in advance :laugh:

Jo-Ann [sydney]

Don't tell them

and have the car professionally cleaned inside before you return it.

:champagne: