How Many Of Your Dogs Do You Walk At Once?

snow_wolf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a client who has 3 Rotties and a GSD I walk all at once, I think it's a matter of what tools you're comfortable with. :laugh: I use those blue/white checkered slip/showleads only. A few corrections if they pull, and they are walking next to me rather than ahead.

3 Rotties! Gee, thats keen! :D Then add a GSD on top. Wow!!!

I only weigh 70kgs. So if i did that, and a cat crossed in front of me, i'd want to be wearing a helmet for the face plant thats bound to happen!

Actually, this reminds me. I used to have a contration, that hooked onto my pushbike, with a spring on it. So my dog could run along side me. Occasionally she would pull me a little bit. I imagine doing that with 4 of them would be nuts!

But then again, we race up to 6 of them at a time, and thats not much different i guess.

I've walked 4 of mine together on occasion, but would not attempt all 5 at once because one of mine is DA and I need to keep a close eye on her. The down side is that they can work each other up and definitely get that 'pack' mentality when they are all together.

I've walked 4 of mine together on occasion, but would not attempt all 5 at once because one of mine is DA and I need to keep a close eye on her. The down side is that they can work each other up and definitely get that 'pack' mentality when they are all together.

DA???

When I had my foster kelpie here I walked my three and the kelpie together, they were all good

I have two golden retreivers and a coolie

Now I have a fourth one of my own I'm not going to be lazy - there are going to be two separate walks especially when she is walking on the lead so nicely, if I take her with my oldest golden who walks nicely she will pick up good habits and I can concentrate on her. I couldn't if I had all four of them at once.

DA???

DA - dog aggressive

If I'm walking around the neighbourhood I usually walk two at a time. If I'm taking them to the forest or the dog club I take all four. I find three easy enough to walk, but four too many in suburbia, so I take the two oldies on a shorter walk and the two younger ones on a bigger walk. Keeps me exercised!!

If I have three or more I often get comments. I've been known to pass the same people with the two oldies and then with the two younger dogs, it does confuse them :laugh:

Edited by FHRP