Creatures Of Habit

Henrietta

Yesterday morning I went through the motions of breakfast.

The morning routine is usually as follows - dry and something for the older girl, rmb for the little one.

They both have their own bowls - the older stainless steel, the younger ceramic.

I prepare the older girl's brekky in the ceramic bowl. I realise my mistake and think, 'oh well...' Give older girl the ok to eat and then go out the back to give the little one her RMB. I get caught up with the chooks, so I potter around up there for a while.

Come back upstairs, I catch Grace still giving me that look like I haven't feed her, in the exact same spot she sits when I haven't feed her. This dog is a monster at feed time, I admit. And she does get away with it, the younger one knows better.

I notice she has eaten all her brekky, so I decide to ignore this. But then she sits by my side, looks at me pleadingly, wiggles her bum and it soon escalates to that 'woo-woo-ing' that she likes to do when she really, really wants something or is very, very excited. She had plenty to eat and normally she is really content after what I give her.

The sad bit is, I gave in to her and gave her the tiniest bit extra in her 'proper' bowl. And then she was happy. Not a peep.

:rofl:

Coincidence that the bowl was different today and I got this behaviour?

Edited by Henrietta