Wandering Cattle Dog X

Dogsrawesome

Okay so near where i live is Cattle dog x and a foxie x and they are always out on the road. The man doesnt have a fence and the cattle dog blends in with the road and has almost been hit by a bus and car. When i used to walk to school i could go two different ways and i picked one of the ways i dont normally go cause of no foot paths but i thought why not i will go that way anyway this was the first time i came across them and the cattle dog come running up barking and my thought was crap im going to get attacked but not she just jumps up to say hello and wants pats. ;) then the man comes out and gives me a filthy look i was thinking well if you dont want your dog getting pats dont let it run all over the road and build a fence. I didnt say it because he looked really suspicious? So my point is what do i do? I don't want to call the council cause i worry they will take her and put her down :) but if i have to i will but could i do anything else? sorry for the long post its just worrying me :D

Call the council, they will go and talk to the owner. If the owner doesn't comply they will fine them.

If they do sieze the dog (unlikely) it may well be rehomed. If not being humanely PTS is better then being skittled by a bus.

being humanely PTS is better then being skittled by a bus.

I don't know if I agree with this. Because, in all reality, is being humanely PTS better than MAYBE being skittled by a bus?

One of those tricky situations in which there is no easy answer. Perhaps not patting the dog is the best idea. Just ignore it, then maybe it won't come near you eventually. Of course if you do call the Council and they contact the owner, then he may right his ways and contain his dog - if you're lucky. You can't fight every battle, much less win them all. Sometimes, if you are not sure of the right way to go, it is best not to take any action at all for a while. Sleep on it for a bit. If there is still a problem in a month, think again what you should do.

Thanks guys, i would of talked to the man myself but he looked kinda creepy i actually only patted the dog to check its collar and to see where it lives :laugh: it has a heavy chain collar with a registration tag. The little foxie x ran off, usually if its not a fairly busy street i do just leave dogs but buses and cars go up that road a fair bit and cause of the dogs coat im worried someone wont see her. I think i have to ring the council cause i would feel really guilty if i drove past with dad and her or the foxie x were hit :shhh:.