Imparra Pet Resort

chiara

Hi all,

My husband and I are going away for a week (business/holiday before our first bub arrives), anyway unfortunatelly for one reason or

another the people we would usually leave our furry baby with are unavailable. We would usually not EVER consider a pet resort for our wonderfull little boy but we really don't see what else we can do.

We have researched all sorts of options, doggy sitting, leaving him with a pet sitter at their house, and pet motels, we like the look of the resort rooms at the Imparra pet resort, our little hugo is used to being indoors and never sleeps outside, so this would be great.

We are inspecting the resort next week, but would love the hear if anyone has used them and has good or bad feedback!

Help us please make the right decision for our little furry baby.

Thank you!

I have the same question

I know someone with large dogs who went there and came home with kennel cough :) i dont know how common it is at kennels :) but i too like the look of it plus the pool which my boy loves swimming, let me know how it looks when u visit :(

Hi,

I'm going in a couple of days so I'll definitelly update you, I have a rottweiler but he's a big baby, I just want him to be safe and have a good time, he doesn't have separation anxiety or anything so if the place is good and ppl are nice he would be fine...

I thought dogs were vaccinated against kennel cough... mine is... can he still get it??

Haha yes well aren't they all spoilt now a days... mine is too!

It's always good to start early, I started 3 weeks ago for march (we didn't know we were going away) and the best option I wanted is unavailable... just limits your options so I think it's good to go early and do the research, you should have a look at the resort in person, they are quite nice about visits.

I went to see a pet resort near home (Brisbane) and it was atrocious... looked like a dog jail... no way I'd send Hugo there.

yeah there have been a few i looked at around chandler, and they looked like jails too

my boy loves Animal World Pet motel, cept that the dogs sleep outside and my boy being an inside dog started barking all night long there :(

the other places i want to look at which are closer thatn the imparra one are Redgum - they also have a dam for my waterbaby and beenleigh pet motel

Even if your dog is vaccinated they can can still get kennel cough.

Their are so many strains of it.

If your dog is vaccinated it will be vaccinated against the deadly strains and may only receive a mild dose of Kennel Cough.

Please don't blame boarding kennels.

Kennel management can not tell if your dog is a carrier or has been recently been vaccinated and is shedding the virus.

Vets don't know by just sighting the dog.

Alway remember it may be your dog that is the carrier and giving it to others. :)

Oh well we learn something new everyday! I didn't know about kennel cough... I guess it's the same risk you take at the dog park...

I'm really keen on hearing about first hand experiences with the Imparra Pet Resort, I mean it can be all nice and clean but if the people don't care about their guests it's not worth it.

So yesterday I was talking to a friend who says she found a nice pet resort in brisbane that has the webcams in the resort rooms so you can keep an eye on your pet... anyone know of any such resorts I can't seem to find it.

I can really relate to you all on how stressful it is finding a decent boarding kennel.

Our 4 dogs are very spoilt & pampered & my OH & I have been putting it off for years taking a holiday as we are paranoid about boarding kennels (heard to many horror story's) My family have all got there own pets...so it would be a little difficult taking in 4 dogs at once & I don't like the idea of getting a pet sitter to come to our house either. Most pet sitting companies don't really take 4 dogs in the same house & I don't want them separated.

So we have come to the descision that we really do need a hoiday & are planning a trip to Tasmania for later on this year (Probably October)

We have visited quite a few kennels here in victoria & have finally found a pet resort that we are happy with. :laugh:

We have decided to pay extra for the luxuary suites, each room is huge & is attached to its own grassy run with their own clam shaped pool. Each room is air conditioned & heated have huge cosy beds, flat screen tv's on the wall & a huge pile of toys in the corner.Each room has a glass sliding door leading out to decking & the grassy run. The door is open all day for them to come & go (unless it is extreamly hot or cold) & they are then closed in at night in their room.

We have chosen to take out 2 of the suites (2 dogs in each)but they will be next to each other,so can see each other thru the fence.

The dogs will also get 3 hours of play time in a 1 acre exercise yard with a staff member every day, plus a brush every day & a complimentary hydrobath & groom before going home. They also get treats & fed premium food.

All our friends & family think we are mad for paying for such fancy accommodation for our dogs, but we don't care , they are our babies, & it is either that or we don't go anywhere at all.

We got a good vibe from the place, the property looks very clean (even though we didn't make an appointment to inspect & they didn't know we where coming ) the staff all seem friendly & the dogs we saw all looked quite calm & happy.

So we have decided to bite the bullet & have booked them in for 2 nights in mid March as a trial while we go away to Echuca for a couple of nights. If we get good feed back from the kennel that the dogs coped well & if the dogs seem happy after we pick them up we will then start planning our Tassie holiday.

Even though I am happy with the place we have chosen, it still is very stressful boarding them & doesn't stop me from worrying how they will cope. I only hope the dogs will actually enjoy there holiday, fingers crossed anyway. :rofl:

I hope you all find a kennel you are happy with, maybe do what we are doing & book them in for a couple of nights first to see how they go, Good luck everyone. :mad

Edited by Baileys mum

I've taken my dogs to Imparra - I can't complain, my dogs were safe, clean and fed. The last two times they came home with kennel cough, but as already mentioned you can't vaccinate for all types. I have no complaints, but I'm not as happy with them as when I first started using them years ago. The owners were more involved in the business then, however they seem to have stepped back and leave the day-to-day running of the business to their staff, so not as personal. The last time I picked my dogs up I asked how they were and was told "good" - that's all. When I got home one of my dogs had obviously been stressing as his nails were worn to the quick - obviously from pacing. So if you have booked your dogs at Imparra they will be safe, clean and fed - if you want extra you can, but you have to pay for it, eg. personal playtime.

Hi,

That's really good to know, I thought as much I mean it looks clean and he would be safe and well fed... we can only hope that the play time we would buy for him is actually used but there's no way of knowing, I'm now thinking if anyone has other suggestions... I've looked at maybe a pet sitter at their house, my only worry with that would be that we wouldn't really know the person and who knows how they would treat him... however if anyone knows/can recommend someone in Brisbane please do...

The one thing I would be worried at a pet sitters house is the potential of them escaping, I mean they have probably been checked out for secure fences & everything, but it would still worry me. Atlest boarding kennels are pretty secure.

I was actually curious & had a look at the Imparra website, it looks great, love the theme suites & the playground area with doggy swimming pool. :(