Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

I love the bottlebrush smile.gif

great spidy photo's pers thumbsup1.gif I haven't seen one of those around here

with the macro it's amazing what you find because your out there looking for something to snap laugh.gif

only thing I'm hoping I don't find is a snake icon_smile_mad.gif if I do don't expect a photo as I'll be running

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - dumb question time...

How close do you have to get with the 100mm macro lens to get those awesome insect/spider face shots?

What would be a good macro lens for my Canon 60D?

T.

you don't have to get real close ( I would not have any spider photo's if I had to get to close laugh.gif )

I have the canon 100mm

they are fun I search round the place for little things to try and get a photo,

my wasp one with his little face still amazes me everytime I look at it laugh.gif

I have the same one as FM, it's great as you don't have to get super close. I also use mine for some action with the dogs.

SL has the same one too only hers is the L version. Have a look here for the NON L and here for the L The L is more expensive but better glass. I have found the IQ of the non L quite good. I got mine from Harvey Norman and payed L price for it. :(

a couple of action shots with mine.

file-1923.jpg

file-477.jpg

It also makes a lovely portrait lens.

file-9.jpg

file-1594.jpg

file-1657.jpg

file-1392.jpg

and of course Macros

file-5.jpg

I have used mine on my husbands 650D and it's great on that too. You will love it if you get it, it is a very versatile lens.

Edited by tlc

Remember a while ago Kirislin had a 'weird fly" thread. Well I have a weird bug here too...striped like a fly but is a pollinator like the bee, acts like a bee. It has stripes on the body and spots over the eyes (obviously no dress sense LOL).

m_wierdbug-1.jpg

m_wierdbug-1-2.jpg

after researching a bit more I have found it is a hoverfly. as pictured here Amazing how many different bugs are around when you look a bit closer.

These are beautiful RA!!

• 2 weeks later...

My little 'muse' is back, at least I think it's the same spider - how long do they live? I took some pics about 14 months ago of a Jumper with a nest - now she is back on the same twig, so I like to think it's the same one :)

Settings: 1/800 Æ’/5.6 ISO 400 60 mm

8277518120_e08b947b34_z.jpg

Settings: 1/800 Æ’/5 ISO 200 60 mm

8276460509_c1e227833c_z.jpg

Settings: 1/800 Æ’/5 ISO 400 60 mm

8277518326_5e3a4d8f5b_z.jpg

Edited by CrazyCresties

Oh thats excellent and thanks for adding the settings. Did you decide on a flash, I want to get one too and am looking at a 580 exii but a friend told me that ones you mentioned in your other thread are quite good for the price. So I am still thinking about it. I am hoping to get the 70 -200 f4 Probly not for xmas but hopefully not long after, i have been tossing up between the 85mm and the 70 - 200 so I hope I have made the right decision!

I went for the Yongnuo in the end. I know diddly squat about using a flash, so it's going to be a steep learning curve :laugh: I also got a small diffuser for macro work.

http://www.hypop.com.au/yongnuo-yn-568ex-high-speed-sync-hss-flash-speedlite-for-canon.html

http://www.hypop.com.au/hypop-rectangular-softbox-with-diffuser-for-speedlite-flash.html

I'm getting my lens from here http://www.mycamerafocus.com.au/ They are a 'grey import' business and not quite as cheap as DWI, but good prices and local to me, so if any issues I won't have to send back overseas :)

That's great perhaps I'll wait and see how you go and then decide. I have a friend in the US who has been trying to talk me into getting a flash, he said it will help immensely. He is an awesome photographer and really knows his stuff so I'm considering it. Wish photography wasn't such an expensive sport. :laugh:

I also meant to add my friend mentioned this brand when first explaining to me about how to use a flash the right way. He said they are a great flash for a good/not to exxy price.

I've only just learnt how to use the flash compensation in the quick menu, didn't even know you could do that! :laugh:

Edited by tlc

I have been slack and not had a lot of time to pull the camera out but here are some..

Taken the other day, playing with water and food colouring and the macro lens

11/100

8279877993_c7e9da0466.jpg

IMG_1017 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

12/100

8280915464_15b4cab375.jpg

IMG_1013 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

13/100 dinner, haloumi and lemon

8279875281_9bb86a638b.jpg

IMG_1027 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

14/100

Not the macro but taken today - Zig after a big play in the back yard

8280928934_7cc80556b2.jpg

IMG_1036 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

Yay I got a macro lens! Here's my first photo taken with it:

Not the best but I'm still learning and really excited to play with it a bit more! :D

Congrats :D Look forward to seeing your pics from it, what did you get?

Those coloured ones are cool Staffyluv and man that haloumi looks delish :eat: