Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

Yay I got a macro lens! Here's my first photo taken with it:

img3954j.jpg

Not the best but I'm still learning and really excited to play with it a bit more! :D

I like it..

They take some getting used to, don't they..

I am loving mine and using it more than others at the moment.

I can't wait for my Christmas break so I can spend more time taking pictures..

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was outside doing some pics of the dogs and cat today and a bee was right near me on the grass, not moving much so I snapped a few shots, I think he might have had a damaged wing.

file-996.jpg

file-230.jpg

In this shot, he is flapping his one wing that is damaged, look like it is going flat out. :laugh:

file-888.jpg

Not the best but I'm still learning and really excited to play with it a bit more! :D

Congrats :D Look forward to seeing your pics from it, what did you get?

I got the 100mm 2.8 lens.. I think

I like it..

They take some getting used to, don't they..

I am loving mine and using it more than others at the moment.

I can't wait for my Christmas break so I can spend more time taking pictures..

Thank you! :)

How far away do you get when taking the bee and fly type shots with the Canon 100mm FM?

I'm loving all of your macro shots... and definitely starting to think I need to get the Canon lens... but I'll have to save up longer... or win Lotto...

T.

I don't have a macro lens - just a Tamron 18-270mm and the Macro setting on the 60D... here's my attempt to take some macro shots.

This little guy was about 1cm across when fully spread out...

27-12-2012-gibsons207.jpg

27-12-2012-gibsons217.jpg

These weren't too bad for hand held and a slight breeze blowing...

27-12-2012-gibsons224.jpg

27-12-2012-gibsons228.jpg

27-12-2012-gibsons230.jpg

T.

Edited by tdierikx

How far away do you get when taking the bee and fly type shots with the Canon 100mm FM?

I'm loving all of your macro shots... and definitely starting to think I need to get the Canon lens... but I'll have to save up longer... or win Lotto...

T.

I don't get super close but I crop out I hate getting close to spiders so stay back a bit ( in case they jump LOL )

I will take note next time I use it to see how far away I get ...it's funny once you start taking them it amazing what you find round the yard

as you look for things to try and get a photo, I am not that good with setting so i just wing it laugh.gif

I don't have a macro lens - just a Tamron 18-270mm and the Macro setting on the 60D... here's my attempt to take some macro shots.

This little guy was about 1cm across when fully spread out...

27-12-2012-gibsons207.jpg

27-12-2012-gibsons217.jpg

These weren't too bad for hand held and a slight breeze blowing...

27-12-2012-gibsons224.jpg

27-12-2012-gibsons228.jpg

27-12-2012-gibsons230.jpg

T.

these are great you can try and crop the spider to bring it up closer, sometimes you can't as you loose detail

Does anyone have an opinion on this lens?

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/Tamron-SP-AF90mm-F28-Di-Macro-11-Lenses.aspx

Tossing up between that or the Canon 100mm Macro (not the L - out of my price range)

T.

All my pics so far in this thread have been with my Tamron 60mm, after two years I have just moved on to the Canon 100mm L version, but here is the image sample thread on POTN for the Tamron 90mm - some pretty decent shots in there, looks like a good 'bang for bucks' choice :D

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=288737&highlight=Tamron+90mm