Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

Reading some of the posts about slow focus with the Tamron 90mm, I'm starting to think I may give it a miss and save up for the Canon 100mm L... but then again, I could get the Tamron 90mm, and then keep saving for the Canon 100mm L, while getting in some macro practice with the Tamron...

T.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much would a decent macro lense cost for my Nikon? Just had a little google and it shocked me the prices. Suggestions of where to buy would be helpful also.

I did think until this thread macro was the setting on my camera. Thx for the education. :)

Pesh, places like DWI and eglobal are great for prices, their lenses are grey imports but usually with 12 months warranty. If you want an Aussie seller, camera pro is very good and their prices are quite good too. The thing with a macro lens that you wont get with the setting on your camera is a 1:1 ratio so it makes what your shooting life size. It is amazing fun shooting stuff with a macro lens, its reasonably difficult till you get the hang of it.

Can't help with what sort to buy I only know that the bigger the number the further away you can be with your camera, so say if you have a 50mm you will need to be reasonably close to your subject which is fine for static items but if you are shooting something you don't want to scare or it to scare you you can be further away with say the 100mm. Just as an example if you seen my spider shots in here, I was probly about 10 - 12 inches away from it and I have the 100mm

Some of the Nikon crowd might chime in here with recommendations.

was5_zpsb91ef5f1.jpg

was4_zps24f7c260.jpg

I don't have a macro lense and probably wouldn't recognise one if I did!! I followed these two wasps around for about half and hour, one had killed the spider and the other was trying to wrestle it for the prey. So much fun I think maybe santa will have to bring me a macro in 2013, maybe the easter bunny will give me the skills to use it.

Edited by hankdog

MM, love the mossy and the spider and wasps are amazing. Love the dragon flies, I never see any still enough to shoot.

I have changed my technique a bit so I think my pictures might be a bit more sharp and in focus.

file-2250.jpg

file-983.jpg

file-1027.jpg

file-1283.jpg

file-2487.jpg