My Poor Beagle

huski

Oh poor Daisy - and poor you - what a worry. But glad to hear she's home and things are looking up.

And I for one didn't for a moment think you were joking about the new bed and sheepskin etc. - but that was really nice of your Mum to do that - and looks like Daisy thinks so too. :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I for one didn't for a moment think you were joking about the new bed and sheepskin etc. - but that was really nice of your Mum to do that - and looks like Daisy thinks so too. :D

LOL, as much as Daisy is 'my' dog and she'll always live with me, my mum absolutely dotes on her and spoils her. Yesterday when mum had to rush her to the vet, she called me afterwards in tears (and my mum is one pretty tough cookie) because it was so awful and said she couldn't bare to be in the room with Daisy as they took the bandage off because Daisy was crying so much.

So today when I called mum (also in tears) to tell her what had happened and that I had to leave Daisy at the vets, mum immediately wanted to go to the pet store and buy her a nice soft bed because a) it's too hot to crate her in the house at the moment and b) she didn't want her to keep trying to jump on the lounge ;) (she also bought D a whole help of chewy, preservative filled, fatty treats I don't agree with feeding :(:grouphug:)

Edited by huski

Hugs and soft butterfly kisses to Daisy. I'm sure she is much happier being home now and you'll also be able to sleep tonight knowing she's feeling a bit better.

I hope she continues to improve over the next few days. Is such a shame she's had to go through this, but lucky for her she is in the caring, loving hands of you and your mum. I love that your mum went out and bought the bed and sheepskin, I would have done exactly the same.

Thanks again guys - she's sleeping now but I'm going to wake her up to give her some pain killers. She's taken my spot on the lounge and normally I'd make her move but I feel too sorry for her so I'm on the floor :thumbsup:

How's her paw looking now?

It's completely bandaged up so we can't see, we have to be extra careful with it now some of the stitches have been taken out. She'll be back to the vet tomorrow or Monday for him to have a look at it. He said the swelling could take a day or two to go down.

I wonder if she had an allergic reaction to the sutures.

Has the vet offered any more explanation?

Forgive me for the lack of medical terms/knowledge but basically he said that he thinks the internal stitches that were put in after the cyst was removed were too tight and basically blocked a minor vein that stopped blood flowing properly through the bottom of her paw that caused the swelling. Because of where the cyst was, the stitches had to be quite tight to get the skin back together, hence the tightness around the vein.

I have no idea if that makes sense, but that's essentially how it was explained to us.

Edited by huski

Thanks again everyone for all your thoughts.

Daisy is off to the vet this morning to have the bandage removed and to check if the swelling has gone down.

Please cross your fingers and paws that we get some good news.