Happy Birthday Emmy!

W Sibs

Dear Emmy,

Happy Birthday!!!!

Have to be honest with you, baby girl, that your HuDaddy, Charlie and I wondered if you were ever going to make it to your 1st birthday. You were such an accident prone (you were constantly running into mirrors, walls, or falling off the couch, bed, fence, stairs) but, I think that's because you were so full of life and want to live every minute and second of it, that you were always on the go. People to see, brother to annoy, daddy to boss around, mummy to sook up too, things to destroy.... :( I have caught Charlie falling asleep watching you, because you tire him out by him just watching you!!!

I have to admit that you weren't the most easiest puppy in the world to raise. In fact, there was a period where you turned me off having another puppy (but that has changed now)!! You were a bitch to toilet train, a bully at puppy pre school, had no attention span, didn't like strangers, other dogs and kids and reacted to EVERYTHING.

But despite all that, you have taught and gave us so much. You taught me how to be creative with training you. It never cease to amaze me how insanely smart you are... you picked up tricks and basic command so quickly. I never had to teach you anything twice!! We did 1 minute x 10 sessions a day and in one day you will know how to sit, drop, target and how to shake hands (with both paws). You have open me up in different style in training.

You gave Charlie a job of being a big brother and teaching you how to be calm. You are really an angel sent down here for Charlie... you're the reason why Charlie is still around. You're the reason why he is still walking, playing and simply enjoying life. You taught him how to play again, even if it's annoying him and stealing his stuff.. so he had to get out of his bed to chase you to get his things back. But, you did annoy him a lot when you kept grabbing his tails and his ears though.

You gave your HuDaddy, well, you. You are such a Daddy's girl and he loves that... that's why you get away with murder with him (but you know that!). He got to experience what it is to have a healthy, happy, energetic puppy who loves doing everything with him.

Can't believe a tiny little white fluff ball that only weight 1.9kg can come into our lives and completely changed it for the better!!

Now you have became the sweetest, wonderful, amazing and cuddliest dog. You still have your crazy moments (and I hope you continue to have them for the rest of your life because those moments are hilarious) but you are becoming the dog I know you can (and hope) to be. You have calmed down a lot, you're so much more focus, you are more confident and simply the joy in my life.

You always walk around with that goofy grin of yours, always wanting to play, do your little happy dance when I bring out the clicker and on those rare days where you aren't happy... all it takes is a little piece of cheese to make your world right again... seriously, girl, I really love you.

Life is not the same without My Emmy.

xoxo

Yeah, I know!! I can't believe is she 1.

This morning, she came to bed for her morning cuddles and I was having flash back of when she first came home and how, she alone, changed the energy in the family.

Did she get anything for her birthday?

No presents... just because she has everything she needs/want :)

Tonight, she will get a Macca's ice cream cone (she doesn't have to share with Charlie), then take her to a park where there she can run and do zoomie to her heart content (that's her most favourite thing to do is run and run fast!). If she is lucky, she will see some wild rabbits to chase... she doesn't catch them though (although she can), she just like running after them.

Edited by CW EW

Aw happy birthday. Frankly CW, I don't believe a word you say about her being a naughty pup, I mean, seriously, look at that sweet, innocent face. You really expect us to believe that she is not the perfect angel she looks like?

Also, where is her birthday photo?

Edited by poochmad

Aw happy birthday. Frankly CW, I don't believe a word you say about her being a naughty pup, I mean, seriously, look at that sweet, innocent face. You really expect us to believe that she is not the perfect angel she looks like?

Also, where is her birthday photo?

This describes her perfectly! :)

;)

There will be pics when I have internet at home. Work doesn't let me upload pics :)