Oztrail Delux Gazebo

Rainy

I was so lucky tonight my dear hubby bought me bought me a oztrail delux gazebo as an anaversery present :) but there is a problem it dosnt fit in my car by 3cm ;)

I was told not to get the compact as it is not as strong is this true?

arrgh happy yet sad :cool:

I have had a compact for four years and used it in high winds and storms without a problem.

It's not as strong as the deluxe, but as long as you use your guy ropes properly in high winds, it's strong enough for any weather I'd show in.

Well now time to stand up here for the good hubby! Compact Gazebos are not as strong as std type although they are a little longer and heavier. If you have not opened I hear Oztrail Deluxe Compact is now on the market probably stronger than previous compact gazebos. The compact units like all types require good corner ropes and springs with strong pegs. Take The Biy Scouts Motto "Be Prepared" Good luck Dee Bee

What about exchanging for a standard? Im fairly sure they are slightly shorter when packed up? Could be wrong thou!

just so you know our standard got injured in high winds last year at hillsborough, our Big W one survived! Weird I know! Other peoples delux's faired even worse than our standard.

thanks guys ill go with him tomorrow and have a look, he told me there was a delux compact there but it was $100 more dose that sound right to you?

ETA: Yes big points to hubby for the gazebo what i shouldnt say is he is makeing up for a huge mistake :)

Edited by Rainy

The Deluxe Compact might be the solution - its 1.3m long as opposed to 1.5m for the Deluxe. 2 piece legs instead of 3 in the ordinary compact. Check Ebay for prices. Even with shipping you can get some good deals from online retailers.

If you need more space there is the Compact Pavillion which is 2.4 x 4.8m and still folds down to less than 1m. They are a bit ungainly to set up though.

However I think a new car or a dog trailer might be a better solution. :)

Don't sell the Deluxe though - you're not a real showie till you've got at least 2 gazebos - someone I know has 4! :provoke:

I really like the Compacts - and they are getting more and more popular. No doubt their ease of transport and handling has a lot to do with it.

I suspect a Deluxe Compact will be gazebo no. 3 for me. :D

Edited by poodlefan

Get a new car ... :party:

I used that excuse a year a go i really thought that i would fit in the back of my 4WD, i knew it would be tight but not 3 cm to long :)

Ummmm get Hubby to buy you some roof racks :thumbsup:

Dont really like them but that my be the way we have to go

Don't sell the Deluxe though - you're not a real showie till you've got at least 2 gazebos - someone I know has 4! :birthday:

I dont even have the dog/bitch to show yet so i think one will do for now :D i will be practicing at diesels trials so i dont show up at my first show looking like a dope :cheer:

I also own a compact gazebo and had it and withstood some strong winds after learning from Bilbo_baggins how to secure it into the ground!

Best advice I was given and it's to put the pegs on an angle in different directions into the ground!

I prefer the smaller ones as we don't have many dogs so we are not needing much space and it fits well into my car!

Well arnt i a :thumbsup: i went back to the store with the gazebo and the guy had a look at the car then went in to the shop and bought out 2 hockey straps then just straped it to the inside of the roof of the car and it fit :cry:

feeling slightly stupid now :)

Get a new car ... :laugh:

yep :eek:

Well arnt i a :confused: i went back to the store with the gazebo and the guy had a look at the car then went in to the shop and bought out 2 hockey straps then just straped it to the inside of the roof of the car and it fit :laugh:

feeling slightly stupid now :laugh:

No worries :( im happy to pass this one on as its a dam good idea :laugh:

SAM_0723.jpg

not sure I'd be taking anyone with me in the passenger seat with the gazebo packed like that...

Sudden stop and could me a major injury.

Yeah i thought that too so i tested it :confused: my sister has a privet road so i did it there it honestly didnt move because the hockey straps are so tight and with all the dog gear packed under and around it dosnt have room to move, those pics arnt very good because i just tosed it up to give piper an idea of what i was trying to say :laugh:

I would have thought that the weight of the gazebo will pull the handles off from the car - not something I would be doing. :confused:

Would it fit on an angle not suspended from the roof?

Edited by Andisa