50mm 1.4?

Rozzie

whilst i haven't bought from america, my 1.4D came from hong kong (friend bought it), and when she got back to aus she posted it to me and it cost almost $30 (was registered person to person and insured) if that gives you any idea on whether postage is fair

i didn't do a lot of research, but from what i could tell, AF versus AF-S. so if your body has a focus motor in it, you'll be able to auto focus with the 1.4D, otherwise it's manual focus only. if your body doesn't have a focus motor, you will be able to auto focus with the AF-S (or manual if you choose to).

i had upgraded my body from one that didn't have a focus motor, to one that did, which is why i went for the D and not the G (that and price). a lot of people told me the 1.8 would of been enough, but for the price difference, the 1.4 wasn't much dearer than the 1.8 here anyway, so decided to get the 1.4

try dpreview, you can see reviews of them both, and you should be able to compare them to see if there is any other difference. i didn't compare the 2 1.4's, only the 1.8 with the 1.4D, which also helped me decide between the 2.