Brisbane Rspca Million Paws Walk

Its that time of year again! The Million Paws Walk

b-25211.png

I have never been (always wanted to somehow never made it :eek: )

I wanted to see if Brisbane DOLers would like to get together and register as a team to try and raise some funds and to have a great day out together.

I am happy to be the team manager. I believe people can join the team along the way also so if someone decides down the track they want to join us they can. But I am obviously not going to make a team unless I have a few people who want to do it with me. I believe registration cost per person is still the same so $15 dollars. I am happy to either front the cost for rego until I can get money from DOLers at the regular meet or what ever is easiest.

So obviously the sooner we get together and get registered the sooner we can start fund raising!

Here is the Brisbane walk site

http://qld.millionpawswalk.com.au/default.asp?PageID=19368

So come on all get involved :laugh:

Let me know as soon as you can if your keen. I am sure we can raise heaps of money for the RSPCA through our familes/friends/coworkers and the more people we have the more people we have to donate! On top of that it looks like it is just going to be good fun for us and for our pooches.

Our team so far -

DOL Doggies -

Me with Pheonix - Registered

Dandy with Raz - Registered

Les with Jesse (a non DOL friend of mine)

Kitt with Lucy - Registered

Golden Girl with Lexie - Registered

Minxy with Kyojin - Maybe

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:p im the same always wanted to go, but never have, ill check my calendar and get bak to you :laugh:

Ok im free and I'm keen :eek: I'll talk to my sis and friend and see if they would want to come too

Edited by dandybrush

:p im the same always wanted to go, but never have, ill check my calendar and get bak to you :laugh:

Ok im free and I'm keen :eek: I'll talk to my sis and friend and see if they would want to come too

Awesome Dandy! Let me know how many you round up. If I can get some definite answers from a few people in the next 1 - 2weeks then I will register the team :eek:

Also I am keen for any suggestions for a team name. Would be good to obviously incorporate DOL/Dogz Online in some way.

It looks like they're only having one venue this year, at Cannon Hill. In past years, they've had a few venues. Being a north-sider I liked going to the UQ.

Bit O/T, but i like the kids' t-shirts for this year. Note to self, get some for g/kiddies.

http://au.eventdirector.net/_Public/_Store/Default.aspx

Maybe they felt they were not getting enough people with separate venues. They wouldn't be using UQ this year as it was severely affected by the flooding.

If your keen on joining our team let me know :happydance2:

Maybe they felt they were not getting enough people with separate venues. They wouldn't be using UQ this year as it was severely affected by the flooding.

If your keen on joining our team let me know :confused:

Thanks. I looked up the locations on the RSPCA website & it includes Nundah and Samford. Both these are closer, on the northside. You'd be right about UQ, being out this year due to flood affects.

I see that other locations close to Brisbane are Cleveland & Ipswich.

when do we have to register by?

There is no real limit I think the last pre-rego is May 12th. Like 3 days before. I just want to register as early as possible so we can start some fundraising.

Did you find out if your sister was going to come?

Come on Brisbanites/Gold Coasters/Ipswichers/Loganers!!! Be a part of our team and help us raise money!

Did anyone have names suggestions?

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

sorry phoenix i plain forgot to ask :) ill find out today if anyone wants to come

as for name suggestions how about:

- A New Brand of Dol

- Dolers on a Mission

- Dols on the Loose

thats all i have for now :rofl:

:(

DOL's Dolls

LOL I like this one the only problem is I think poor Raz might be offended being a guy and all. maybe we could call it DOL's Guys and Dolls :)

i'm interested, but wouldn't be able to commit until a lot closer

No problems, I believe I can add people to the team as we go

Same Carebear!

Same as above :p

Sowwy Raz :)

LOL

hmm... maybe. Again- would need to see what's happening closer to the day. Can pencil it in. I know someone who went last year and didn't have a great time (i guess you assume at events like these dogs aren't DA!) I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yeah, you would hope that the RSPCA people would be keeping any eye out and asking anyone whose dog is not behaving to please leave (as politely as possible) but like I said "hope" doesn't mean they actually are. I guess at least as a group we can all keep an eye out and watch out for any dogs that might be displaying the wrong body language. I hope you and Scarlett can make it. It's early enough that we would still be able to go to play group as well. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you would hope that the RSPCA people would be keeping any eye out and asking anyone whose dog is not behaving to please leave (as politely as possible) but like I said "hope" doesn't mean they actually are. I guess at least as a group we can all keep an eye out and watch out for any dogs that might be displaying the wrong body language. I hope you and Scarlett can make it. It's early enough that we would still be able to go to play group as well. :thumbsup:

From past experience unfortunately they don't. The general public have a funny idea on what constitutes acceptable canine behaviour and with the number of dogs that attend these events it's not possible for RSPCA staff to be on top of every dog that displays poor behaviour. Besides which - I've seen dogs attack others, fights break out etc and RSPCA officials not say or do anything about it. I would only take VERY stable dogs to these kinds of events.

Sorry to put a damper on it but better to be prepared IMO!

Yeah, you would hope that the RSPCA people would be keeping any eye out and asking anyone whose dog is not behaving to please leave (as politely as possible) but like I said "hope" doesn't mean they actually are. I guess at least as a group we can all keep an eye out and watch out for any dogs that might be displaying the wrong body language. I hope you and Scarlett can make it. It's early enough that we would still be able to go to play group as well. :banghead:

From past experience unfortunately they don't. The general public have a funny idea on what constitutes acceptable canine behaviour and with the number of dogs that attend these events it's not possible for RSPCA staff to be on top of every dog that displays poor behaviour. Besides which - I've seen dogs attack others, fights break out etc and RSPCA officials not say or do anything about it. I would only take VERY stable dogs to these kinds of events.

Sorry to put a damper on it but better to be prepared IMO!

Thanks for the info. Which ones have you seen this at?

This is why I think it is better to go as a group as opposed to as an individual that way we can look after each other and keep an eye out for anything we don't feel comfortable with and stay away from dogs that display the wrong behaviour.