Brisbane Rspca Million Paws Walk

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Dju, do the walk with us! I've met only two of the team on one occasion, when I politely invited myself along to a Brissy meet and asked for a lift :)

I would love to meet more Brissy dog people, so please join us! Also, I've never met a Swedish Vallhund but am always looking at them in my dog books, so it would be great to meet Hugo.

I might walk with you guys depending on whether who else comes along with me and Hugo to the walk (might only be my mother but if it's my boyfriend I'm kind of obliged to go where he goes and all that :D). I'll be buying a red shirt from this person on ebay (people who need red shirts should check that link out because they're as cheap as chips for people too lazy to leave their living rooms and venture into the scary world of shopping centres ;)) 'cause I don't actually have any plain red t-shirts haha.

I also haven't signed up yet because my mother isn't giving me a firm answer yes/no whether we're going, so we might have to sign up like maybe a week before the walk or something. :thumbsup: Would definitely love to join you guys on the walk if we come though.

your mum and boyfriend are more than welcome :thumbsup: and they dont have to wear red, just you if you like :D

i like the link dju does anyone else want a tshirt, maybe we could get them all posted to the one place? and save on postage...;)

your mum and boyfriend are more than welcome :thumbsup: and they dont have to wear red, just you if you like :D

i like the link dju does anyone else want a tshirt, maybe we could get them all posted to the one place? and save on postage...;)

There's no red size 8 :D

your mum and boyfriend are more than welcome :thumbsup: and they dont have to wear red, just you if you like :love:

i like the link dju does anyone else want a tshirt, maybe we could get them all posted to the one place? and save on postage...:D

There's no red size 8 :D

I know, but my mom assures me that if she puts a ten through the wash the right way, she can make it fit a toddler ;)

Oh, besides, about the walk thing, since Hugo is still only little, he might only be able to do the 1.5k walk, not the full 3k. Our breeder told us about 5 minutes per month of age and it takes him about 30 minutes to do a 1.5k walk with me :love:

Edited by Dju

Well he's 13 kilograms of "only little" but when I said that I meant "he's still a puppy" :D

Quite a big goggie actually, but after a half hour/40 minute walk, he's absolutely knackered, so if you want us to go the whole 3k, someone better bring a pram, because he's going to roll over on the grass and be like "CARRY ME MOMMY!". :thumbsup: ;) Like right now, we just came back from our walk about half an hour ago and he's snoozing under my chair with his legs in the air. :love:

And I just got the go-ahead from my mom, we're definitely going!! :D Do I need to buy her a ticket/register her as well? And she says she doesn't really want to walk, just roam around a bit through the stalls and whatnot, so would I still need to register her? I don't really know how it works.

Edited by Dju

Well he's 13 kilograms of "only little" but when I said that I meant "he's still a puppy" :D

Quite a big goggie actually, but after a half hour/40 minute walk, he's absolutely knackered, so if you want us to go the whole 3k, someone better bring a pram, because he's going to roll over on the grass and be like "CARRY ME MOMMY!". :thumbsup: ;) Like right now, we just came back from our walk about half an hour ago and he's snoozing under my chair with his legs in the air. :love:

And I just got the go-ahead from my mom, we're definitely going!! :D Do I need to buy her a ticket/register her as well? And she says she doesn't really want to walk, just roam around a bit through the stalls and whatnot, so would I still need to register her? I don't really know how it works.

Lol, I was looking at your avatar thinking "looks like it could be some sort of chi X"...completely forgetting you posted a photo below lmao

As for buying a ticket for your mum...no idea lol, they're only $15 so its not expensive

That's Hugo when he was 16 weeks old or something like that :thumbsup: His color is a bit different now, he's more gray.

My mom says it is expensive if you're a pensioner and you need to buy bread with that money ;) Maybe I'll email them and ask to clarify.

That's Hugo when he was 16 weeks old or something like that :thumbsup: His color is a bit different now, he's more gray.

My mom says it is expensive if you're a pensioner and you need to buy bread with that money ;) Maybe I'll email them and ask to clarify.

$10 is the concession rate :D

ROFLMAO at the last few replies! Will be great to meet another DOLer and a Swedish Vallhund how exciting!!!

I am pretty sure you have to buy a ticket for anyone entering the venue area on the day..so your mum would have to have a ticket.

Did you want the details to register with our team?

ETA - I still need a tshirt so if we want to bulk order and save on postage I am keen. Dandy??

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

I just sent a note to the seller asking them where their red size eight shirts are :laugh: If they tell me they don't have any, I guess I'll have to go with a ten as well. I'll tie it in a knot at the waist and make it into some sort of a fashion statement. A super sexy 80's workout video fashion statement. If someone sends me the shirts and some black paint or something, I can make a stencil from cardboard, use my super awesome graphic design skills to design a typeface, maybe a logo too if I have time, and all the shirts will have "DOL Doggies" on them for the big day? :laugh: Could be funky.

Haha aw man, my boyfriend is going to give me looks when I tell him he needs to pay to walk my dog with me. :p

Also, how many people would need shirts, can we send out PMs to people in this thread or something to find out? Because there are more sellers who will do discounts for multiple orders and some of those sellers will have better quality shirts for around the same price but in all sizes as well, I can ask around if I know how many shirts there's a need for :)

Edited by Dju

Dju I have already got some fabric textas, we were going to write on them the morning of, but if you want to be creative with a stencil go for it lol, we were also going to make some bandannas for our dogs with red fabric (which Ive already bought)

Let me know about the size 8's, I normally take a 6 so like I said, a 10 will swim lol

Regarding the t-shirts: Hopefully it will be warm enough that we won't need to wear jumpers over the top of our shirts. It's late autumn and the mornings can be a bit chilly. It might turn out that our red shirts aren't visible! But I suppose we'll warm up from walking in the sun.

I'm looking forward to the walk. Hopefully Lucy is on her best behaviour!