I Love My ~breed~ But One Day I Want To Get A ~different Breed~ (inser

I love love love my Bernese Mountain Dog to bits, I truly think they are the greatest breed! I also love love love the two Saints I've had in the past, and think they are the equal greatest breed :D

I can't see myself getting anything other than more of the above (getting a new Saint pup hopefully later this year or early next) but if I had to choose something different I would love to own a Newfie or a Leonberger. I also really love CAO's but I am definitely not suited to own one.

Each time one of these threads comes up my list gets smaller and smaller :hug:

I have Samoyeds but I would love an Afghan, Borzoi or a German Spitz

Ive also been looking into the PBGVs lately, starting to really like them too

My OH wants a Bullmastiff

Edited by Bjelkier

I love my dobies, but I've always wanted a beauceron. But would love a malinois or gsd. And am hopefully getting a gsd puppy in a couple of months!!!!

Are they in Australia Jessca?

I own a Ridgeback, would love a Malinois (soon!) and will one day own another Kelpie :hug:

Unfortunatly no, they don't :-(

I've had....

Patterdale, goldies, BC, ACD, ginat schnauzer, irish water spaniel, irish wolfhound, vizsla, spinone, several x breeds, lakeland terriers.

Loved them all to bits, but for the future (as I'm getting OLD :) ) the breeds I would love to have are, Bracco, wire viz, foxhound, Affenpinscer (sp?), Portugese water dog, manchester terrier, deerhound, boston,

I'm very very partial :clap::mad to standard poodle, borzoi, greyhound, whippet, english pointer, irish terrier, welsh terrier, welsh springer, Ibizan hound, griffon brux., flatcoat,

I'd also LOVE to have more spins :hug::laugh: more vizss and more ACDs :o:) more wolfies,

nowhere near enough time left for me :cry::cry:

Edited by Monah

The only other breed I want apart from the CASD/CAO is the CO but I am happy to wait until they come into the country by a responsible breeder that I can work with and respect.

We are tossing up between a boston or peke for our next house dog, if pekes win out (my choice) he/she would have to be white or parti coloured, the rest of the family are set on bostons as we babysat 2 for 3 months last year and they miss them - little clowns

One day when I'm too old to cope with Aussies, and I downsize to one dog, I plan on having a breed I can fuss over, groom, trim, play hairdressers with......and a bred with loads of personality and panache. I'm gonna have a Tibetan Terrier. I would love a white and black one.

Although I have a Staffy now (my partners favourite breed) I have always been a Boxer mama at heart. One day though, I want to have a Whippet. I don't quite know why.

Is there any breed that you've always wanted but haven't yet had?

I know! I know!

It's because they're awesome :hug:

While I haven't had any close encounters with these dogs, one day I would like to learn a bit more about them and perhaps own one :thumbsup:

(Based entirely on superficial-ness looks only :thumbsup: )

Australian Shepherd

Boston Terrier

French Bulldog

I have a siberian husky and have had a dobermann but in the future I would like to have at least one of each of these:

Finnish Lapphund

Australian Shepherd

Samoyed

French Bulldog

Belgian Shepherd Dog - Groenendael

Dalmatian

Greyhound

Keeshond

Saluki

Swedish Lapphund

Border Collie

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Having had Poodles,BC, GSD, Shelties and an assortment of x breeds growing up, my dog of choice was the BC until I got my first aussie. I can't imagine having anything else but if I do it would probably be a Tibbie.

I have always had Kelpies, and have added a Lappie into the mix

Future dream breeds breeds-

Lapponian Herder

Swedish Lapphund

Maremma (want livestock to go with it :thumbsup:)

Malinois

Rescue Terrier

Doubt I will get through the list, with so many kelpies around :thumbsup:

I have loved and owned SBT's for a long time now, I had mini schnauzers when I was growing up, but if I could own any other dogs, my choice would be from: Dobermann, Rottweiler, Aussie Shepherd and French bulldog :thumbsup:

I'm not sure we'll ever have anything but Akitas now. OH and I are completely sold.

Other breeds that we like though are: German Shepherds, Norwegian Elkhounds, Shibas, French Bulldogs (okay that's one just me, but I think they're freakin' adorable), and pretty much anything from the Spitz family :thumbsup: