I Love My ~breed~ But One Day I Want To Get A ~different Breed~ (inser

Has anyone else noticed how popular Aussie Shepherds are?

That's because they are great :o:laugh: (not that i'm biased at all :thumbsup: ).

I forgot to add - I also admire the Malinois!!! I love to watch them work!!

And another on my list is a Lappie - I think they're just gorgeous dogs!! ;) :o (I blame that love on the Spitz thread), oh and I met the cutest little Japanese Spitz (Thanks Miss B) and I could definitely see me having one - they're so spunky and full of life!!!!!

Our next breed (currently have 2 beagles) will be a GSD, eventually we will have a greyhound.

I'd love a dashound, a newf, Bassett hound, blood hound, St B, a cavalier, a boxer, poodle (cos of Harrison) .....

But I think we will always own a beagle, regardless.

Noahs Ark of dogs. I've changed SO much, from life before the beagles and DOL...

Ohhh - is that MY Harrison? - he is gorgeous!

I've always been a Standard Poodle person - I did have a GSP for many years, and he was lovely, but I have an adverse reaction to dog hair. If this wasn't the case I would most definitely have a Golden Retriever - I just love them, their smiles, their bounce, their willingness to work (NOT a Poodle trait :laugh: )

Yes, your harrison. I love him :-)

And with good reason, they are an awesome breed.

But as popular as they are here, they are still relatively unknown to the general public. I can walk my dogs down a busy street or through a busy park and I invariably get stopped and asked about my "Border Collies". I have pics up at work of them and often get colleagues come by my desk to look at them and comment on how beautiful my Border Collies are.

Last time I was at the dog wash, the girl in the other bay was washing a Border Collie and stopped by to look at our tri-coloured BC's. She had never heard of Australian Shepherds before, but was interested when I pointed out the very obvious differences.

Even at the dog obedience club, I get asked what breed my dogs are.

And with good reason, they are an awesome breed.

But as popular as they are here, they are still relatively unknown to the general public. I can walk my dogs down a busy street or through a busy park and I invariably get stopped and asked about my "Border Collies". I have pics up at work of them and often get colleagues come by my desk to look at them and comment on how beautiful my Border Collies are.

Last time I was at the dog wash, the girl in the other bay was washing a Border Collie and stopped by to look at our tri-coloured BC's. She had never heard of Australian Shepherds before, but was interested when I pointed out the very obvious differences.

Even at the dog obedience club, I get asked what breed my dogs are.

That's the same as the lappies. They're so popular on here and I think we all forget that there's still less than 400 in Australia. When I have Halo and Akira together, everyone always asks me if Halo is the same breed as Akira, and are quite surprised when I say what breed she is. The only person I've met so far who has known what breed she is is Akira's obedience trainer.

I have own a fox terrier and a mutt but I want an Aussie so bad! Never had one but adore them.

My fiancé wants an English Stafford or a Labrador for our next dog though so I can see us compromising on the Labrador if it suits us.

ooooo what a fun thread :D

My wish list-

German Shepherd

Rottweiler

Labrador (Chocolate or Black)

Kelpie

Siberian Husky

Cane Corso

Flat Coated Retriever

Miniature Dachshund

Akita

Dobermann

Shiba Inu

Basenji

Samoyed

Aussie Shepherd

Great Dane

Dogue De Bordeaux

American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Red and White )

Collie

One day ;)

I currently have Border collies #3, 4, & 5. Have never had another breed just the working farm dogs I grew up with (BC's, heading dogs, huntaways and working beardies).

My older 2 girls are senior citizens now. I like having 3 dogs and would not have more than that. Next will be another working lines BC, same breeder/relative of my awesome youngest dog. Also a HPR gundog breed for my husband to take hunting and me to train for field trials. Would love a Brittany but they are pretty rare in NZ. Vizsla is the 2nd option as of the many gundogs breeds there seem to be more dual purpose breeders in that breed.

My husbands "one day dream dog" has been for years an Irish Wolfhound. I say to him "but what would you DO with it" (all my dogs compete in sports/have "jobs") he frowns at me and said "well it would be my FRIEND". Such a novel idea to me, a dog you do nothing with!

I LOVE the look of Salukis :laugh: but have to be realistic they probably aren't suitable for me no matter how incredibly beautiful they are.

ooooo what a fun thread :laugh:

My wish list-

German Shepherd

Rottweiler

Labrador (Chocolate or Black)

Kelpie

Siberian Husky

Cane Corso

Flat Coated Retriever

Miniature Dachshund

Akita

Dobermann

Shiba Inu

Basenji

Samoyed

Aussie Shepherd

Great Dane

Dogue De Bordeaux

American Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Red and White )

Collie

One day ;)

What, no Poodle :laugh:

wow, a lot of people out there wanting to own a Bull Terrier! You all rock :cheer:

I LOVE Bull terriers! Finally got my first one late last year :laugh:

Would like to get a Staffy one day...

DDB has always been my dream dog after watching the movie Turner and Hooch but i don't think my husband likes them.. :)

and you my dear have great taste in dogs!

I have a SBT and a BT. These are my heart breeds and I always want to have them in my life, I think my next dog is going to be a DDB. We have a 6 month old puppy that comes into work every week and I just fall more and more in love with him every day!! :)

I would also love to have a Frenchie

I love Standard Poodles, but when i sit and think about them and what they are like, I dont believe they are a breed that would suit me, but i can still dream!!

I've always wanted a Standard Poodle.

A pure bred Border Collie (I've had a "farm bred cross breed" one given to me before)

A Doberman

I'd love another Schipperke

Can't imagine not having a German Shepherd.

I am really picky when it comes to dogs these days.

Next dog Im getting is a PBGV but apart from that nothing has really taken my eye. A great dane maybe one day when I own my own house.

Are you over the Giant Fluffy idea? :laugh:

I have had Border Collies for 25 years now, first 4 were breed and show dogs. Jenna was my heart dog and I still miss her 11 years after she went to the rainbow bridge. I now have two rescue BCs, but I find they are now too full on for me, as much as love I the breed. Mine are now 13 and 10 and when the time comes for them to go I think I will get a cocker, my dad used to breed them many years ago. Not too sure if I'll go rescue or breeder as yet.

I would love to have a frenchie, but they are out of my price range :wave: I also love clumber spaniels and Italian Greyhounds.