I Love My ~breed~ But One Day I Want To Get A ~different Breed~ (inser

I have a Standard Schnauzer. I'd love a giant. And a mini. All black. And then a dobie, a German Pinscher, and a min pin, all black and tan. I could then go walking with my six black dogs, rough and smooth coat, in small, medium, and large.

In reality, I need to stick to one dog, but I can dream...

On 4/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, karen15 said:

I went from a staffy to a westie :) the westie is everything I could have wanted in a dog, so would definitely recommend them as a consideration Kajtek. I like a solid square dog and he certainly fits the bill. Boston's would have been an option too :) never thought I'd own a white fluffy but he's a terrier through and through. Very gutsy little dog and not afraid to give people the whatfor when they breach his definition of appropriate. Had a guy at Christmas very apologetic after he got a plane stuck on our roof. Gave him a major telling off for daring to touch mums house!

Gutsy westie....mmmhmmm... maybe that's the way to go. I love a dog with its own personality, point of view on life, guts, etc.

BTW, today, I have discovered what I think is a melanoma growth on my baby HonBun (11 YO bulldog). We've been to see Angus and the biopsy has been taken, Hoping for a good outcome next week.

58 minutes ago, Kajtek said:

Gutsy westie....mmmhmmm... maybe that's the way to go. I love a dog with its own personality, point of view on life, guts, etc.

BTW, today, I have discovered what I think is a melanoma growth on my baby HonBun (11 YO bulldog). We've been to see Angus and the biopsy has been taken, Hoping for a good outcome next week.

Fingers crossed for HonBun and yourself Kajtek - I hope all goes well.

Mr TC and I are still debating breeds for when Dozer goes over the bridge..

We're at either a giant breed, possibly an Irish wolfhound or a Great Dane or a wee teeny lap dog, but I'm rather partial to westies as I love spunky little dogs.

17 hours ago, Selkie said:

I have a Standard Schnauzer. I'd love a giant. And a mini. All black. And then a dobie, a German Pinscher, and a min pin, all black and tan. I could then go walking with my six black dogs, rough and smooth coat, in small, medium, and large.

In reality, I need to stick to one dog, but I can dream...

Ever since I learnt about Portuguese Podengos I have thought it would be hilarious to have one of each size in both smooth and wire.

Never happen, for a million reasons, of course, but still think it would be cute. 

Portuguese-Podengos.jpg

3 hours ago, Taliecat said:

Mr TC and I are still debating breeds for when Dozer goes over the bridge..

We're at either a giant breed, possibly an Irish wolfhound or a Great Dane or a wee teeny lap dog, but I'm rather partial to westies as I love spunky little dogs.

I'd love a giant breed - like a Leonberger or Neo Mastiff - but they're not even remotely on the list. Westies are absolutely top 3. They seem like such great little dogs. 

22 hours ago, RuralPug said:

Is your Standard black, @Selkie? How exciting! I have seen many black giants in Australia, and a few black minis but I've not yet seen a black standard. Photos pleeeeeeeze?

She is. She's a lovely dog. Please excuse the novice groom!

20170425_140659 3.jpg

• Like 4

She's beautiful Selkie. I own a black and silver mini schnauzer. She has had 2 litters and the stud we used was black so naturally she has produced a few pure blacks. They have grown to be stunning dogs. A friend of mine owns a few mini schnauzers too but also has a black giant schnauzer. Gorgeous animal. 

Love my schnauzers:cheer:

• Like 1