I Love My ~breed~ But One Day I Want To Get A ~different Breed~ (inser

Am a Rotty person through and through, I have tried a couple of other breeds but their temps do not suit me. I do love the spitz breeds but have been spoilt by owning wash and wear dogs.

I don't know about the other Spitz's but my Akita is just as easy as the two Rotties I've had. I actually think I prefer his hair. Okay, so he'll have coat blows which are a lot of effort, but in general he sheds so much less than my rotties have, and doesn't soak up the dirt in his coat. I find when I pat my parents rotty my hands end up brown from all the dirt that just catches in her coat. I did forget to mention in my post that I would love to have another Rotty of my own one day though. I think having an Akita and a Rotty would be a good mix.

I have Miniature and Toy Poodles.

And now I have a Whippet.

I have seriously kicked the tyres of a lot of breeds in the last five years but I think those days are behind me.

I have found the breeds for me.

Although I like so many others, you never know. I am blessed to have friends who have some of the breeds I like though so that helps. If I can only talk FHRP into getting a Bracco that would be perfect.

Edited by poodlefan

I am still trying to figure this out. But there are a few breeds that just keep standing out for me, so I think I'll end up with one of them.

Miniature Poodle

Tibetan Terrier

and most recently - Whippet

I did think a lot about the gundog group. I do like many of the breeds in there a lot. But I think I'm a more suitable owner for the above.

I used to consider myself a bit of a breed tart but am currently very happy with my chalk 'n' cheese combination of a Dally and a working ESS. I do have a huge soft spot for the Tibetan Terrier and mini/standard Poodles but I'm not prepared to do the grooming. Perhaps another working line dog from the gundog group one day :rofl:

There are breeds I want and will probably own and then there are breeds I want but know they probably wouldn't suit me.

I (/my parents) have previously/currently had a Bullmastiff, Golden Retriever and Border Collie.

After another BC I want....

-Malinois

-Toller

-Pyre Shep

-Aussie

-English Springer (working)

-Brittany

Life is too short to own just one breed :laugh:

I've got Sibes and Jap Spitz (the JS used to be one my 'someday' list... now that I have a couple, I'll never be without one).

Now the 'someday' list is a Samoyed and a Shiba Inu, love them both!

I can't imagine not having Aussies and will have them for as long as I can suitably look after them. But if I could have any other breed tomorrow it would be a Bull Terrier (mini or standard). ;) Dad grew up with them and his stories and pictures make me drool. We have had a couple of X bred Bullies but I can't wait to get a gorgeous purebred BT. :o

Plus I can't imagine not having an Irish or two around.

There's plenty of other breeds I love too and would consider if I was looking for something different. I think when OH and I have our own place he will look for his own dog, most likely a small fluffy! :laugh:

Our next breed (currently have 2 beagles) will be a GSD, eventually we will have a greyhound.

I'd love a dashound, a newf, Bassett hound, blood hound, St B, a cavalier, a boxer, poodle (cos of Harrison) .....

But I think we will always own a beagle, regardless.

Noahs Ark of dogs. I've changed SO much, from life before the beagles and DOL...

Ohhh - is that MY Harrison? - he is gorgeous!

I've always been a Standard Poodle person - I did have a GSP for many years, and he was lovely, but I have an adverse reaction to dog hair. If this wasn't the case I would most definitely have a Golden Retriever - I just love them, their smiles, their bounce, their willingness to work (NOT a Poodle trait :laugh: )

I can't imagine not having Aussies and will have them for as long as I can suitably look after them. But if I could have any other breed tomorrow it would be a Bull Terrier (mini or standard). :o Dad grew up with them and his stories and pictures make me drool. We have had a couple of X bred Bullies but I can't wait to get a gorgeous purebred BT. :o

There's plenty of other breeds I love too and would consider if I was looking for something different. I think when OH and I have our own place he will look for his own dog, most likely a small fluffy! ;)

Papillon? :laugh:

Has anyone else noticed how popular Aussie Shepherds are?

Oh yes - I should have mentioned that as another breed I would like - a very dear friend of mine has one & he is lovely! I also love Lappies, whippets, dachshunds - OK - I'm just another "breed whore" :laugh:

Edited by poodlemum

I have and will always have shelties. Also presently have 2 Aussies shepherds.

Other than that my next big dog will most likely be a Golden retriever, one day I will have an American Cocker and if they didn't drool and die so young I would have a Newfoundland.

I adore working breeds, mainly BC's and kelpies and they are probably all I will have for quiet a long time. I adore Borzoi's though and can't wait til I can have one in my life. Same goes for Bullmastiffs.I would also like a Malinois once I have more dog experience, I absolutely adore the breed.

Edited by B-Q

Has anyone else noticed how popular Aussie Shepherds are?

Who can blame them? :cheer:

I can't imagine not having Aussies and will have them for as long as I can suitably look after them. But if I could have any other breed tomorrow it would be a Bull Terrier (mini or standard). :o Dad grew up with them and his stories and pictures make me drool. We have had a couple of X bred Bullies but I can't wait to get a gorgeous purebred BT. :thumbsup:

There's plenty of other breeds I love too and would consider if I was looking for something different. I think when OH and I have our own place he will look for his own dog, most likely a small fluffy! ;)

Papillon? :laugh:

They are my 'little' dog and probably the breed I'll steer OH towards. :cheer: But I will have one, eventually! I have to swap you one for an Aussie, remember! :cheer: Same as I'd love a Lappie, Welshie, Borzoi, AmStaff etc... :o

Wishlist (in no particular order)...

Neo Mastiff

Dalmatian

Boxer

British Bulldog

Staffy

Great Dane

Golden Retriever

Lagotto Romagnola

French Bulldog

Irish Terrier

Airedale Terrier

Standard Poodle

Old English Sheepdog

Giant Schnauzer

.....well a girl can dream :laugh:

I'm sure there are many others too! We don't have a dog at the moment (our staffy passed away last year) but I can't wait to get my next dog...hopefully a big beautiful drooly neo but maybe a boxer ;)

Edited by erin jane

Aussie Terriers are the only dogs for me although I wouldn't mind owning a Norwich Terrier too.

And there's totally a love of Aussie Shepherds on the board -- but they are a fantastic breed (just a little too active for me!!).

I forgot about Norwich! Awesome little terriers. :laugh: