My Dog's Turned Me Into Her Personal Maid Lol

Lena.

I am not you would call a "clean-freak"... I don't mind a bit of clutter, a little dust doesn't freak me out, and some marks on the floor don't faze me. My idea of 'clean' is a very loose meaning of the word. I like lived-in and a little disorder.

Now that we have Mia in our lives, I have vacuumed everyday, sometimes twice a day. Because she's a sneezer and a sometimes drooler, I have now added steam cleaning the floors as part of my everyday life. She gets a good brushing every morning after her walk. Just a little scratch session, or if when she feels like shaking after a day-long nap, I'm back to sweeping my twice-vacuumed-and-steam-cleaned floor. After an afternoon of cleaning the floors, and I watch her sleeping snuggly (I can vacuum around her and she won't wake up!), I can't help but feel slightly bitter... I should be napping too. :( Oh I'm glad I love the cheeky bugger but this is just too much work for a non-cleaner like myself.

Or maybe Mia and my hubby are in cahoots into making me clean more.

And as I post this thread while waiting for my floors to dry, she wakes up and shake-shake-shake again. Do your dogs do this too?

Edited by Lena.

I learned to live with the hair, thats easier... LOL

I do vacc every morning but cant be bothered at night. My dog likes to rub her face on the couc after eating a bone or rub on the carpet after her meal..

I learned to live with the dog hair too.. and the drool and the slobber and everything else in between.. I've had dogs since I was a baby pretty much so I'm probably really used to the hygiene aspect of having dogs. I vacuum maybe.. once every two weeks. :) I've never gotten sick from having dog fur down my throat so it's just something I live with!

We vacuum every 2 days (sometimes more) and steam mop roughly once a week. Of course we do it more if we need to. The cats are our main problem - two ginger cats shedding constantly onto dark wooden floors.