"puppies For Sale" Sign Caught My Eye But What The?

LizT

So the sign on the Community Board catches my eye. "Puppies for Sale" and I just make out the black clipart sillouette of what looks like a Schnauzer. So I walk over to read:

Toy Poodle Cross Shit zu puppies for sale. $XXX.00

These puppies are bred from loving family pets. Wormed, vaccinnated, Vet checked radda radda

But what made my eyes go wide was...

One black and tan male looks like a Miniature Rottweiller! :) Based on the colour markings?? Not a miniature woolly Kelpie then??

And nothing to do with Schnauzers either?? :rofl:

I happened to wander past Pets Paradise in Melbourne Central yesterday, and there was a little blue merle puppy bouncing around in a cage in the window. Advertised as an Australian Shepherd. Short, close hair, prick ears, pointy face.........aaaaaaaah don't think so. Looked like a Koolie to me, poor little mite.

They were also advertising Pomeranians that looked as much like a Pom as a Labrador looks like a goldfish.

I happened to wander past Pets Paradise in Melbourne Central yesterday, and there was a little blue merle puppy bouncing around in a cage in the window. Advertised as an Australian Shepherd. Short, close hair, prick ears, pointy face.........aaaaaaaah don't think so. Looked like a Koolie to me, poor little mite.

They were also advertising Pomeranians that looked as much like a Pom as a Labrador looks like a goldfish.

:laugh::):) koolies are fantastic dogs but in the wrong hands :cry::cry::cry::cry: but then I guess that is like any breed :cry::cry::cry:

lol

Just like every small(ish) tan and white dog is a JRT...umm, no that might have a BIT of JRT in it, but there certainly isnt much...then they have the hide to tell me my little 5kg girl is too small to be a JRT....yet whose dog has papers?

I've seen a few ads for "Puppies for Sale" everyone of them crossed breeds....but thankfully none with stupid made up names...that annoys the crap out of me.

But I always watch Animal Precinct, usually all American and usually its the ASPCA. I am :laugh: at how they can tell what a mixed breed is crossed with unless it looks like one breed, but you know its not quite pure breed. They had a largish pup, all over tan with a white chest, short coat, narrow pointed face, rather thin, but gorgeous....they said it was a German Shepherd cross...another :) here....not one tiny little bit of this dog suggested a GSD......how on earth do they get that????

My girls and I are always arguing with the TV telling them there is no way that dog is that cross breed.....don't they actually know what a pure bred dog looks like?.....for example anything with a blue or black tongue is definitely a chow mix :) it may have had Chow in it from 20 crosses ago....but now looks like a Beagle cross to me (just from one show we saw).

BF

Edited by Bluefairy