Sentinel Spectrum

Does anyone know about the product Sentinel Spectrum I've read it controls heartworm,fleas and all intestinal worms even tapeworm. Has anyone used it? Right now Shelley gets heartgaurd plus. I've heard of some bad things about Sentinel Spectrum like dogs dieing and allergic reactions.

Does anyone know about the product Sentinel Spectrum I've read it controls heartworm,fleas and all intestinal worms even tapeworm. Has anyone used it? Right now Shelley gets heartgaurd plus. I've heard of some bad things about Sentinel Spectrum like dogs dieing and allergic reactions.

Probably the majority of our canine clients are on Sentinel or Interceptor. I use Interceptor (which is the same as Sentinel but without the flea component) and have no problems with it and I have an allergic dog. It doesn't kill fleas, it just has a drug in there which renders the fleas unable to breed. I would go for Interceptor and then use a separate flea product if and when you need it.

I use it, normally just Interceptor as we dont have fleas, but being such a bad flea season this year i put them on the Sentinel for now

never had a problem, never had worms or fleas!

i use it for my female golden retreiver and never had a problem.

I liked the fact it was a chew for her because she used to roll and roll on her back if you put a "spot-on" on her and I worried how much actually came off.

My 2 Border Collies have been on more or less monthly Sentinel Spectrum for about 3 years - no problems at all.

I think what you're referring to is ivermectin (and related product) sensitivity in some breeds - Collie Roughs and Australian Shepherds among them. If you have one of those breeds, you can have them tested for the mutation.

This is one of the best sites for following up this question.

What price range are both these products in and how often is it given??

weight range is about 25 +

interceptor sounds perfect for my dogs as we don't get fleas either.

What price range are both these products in and how often is it given??

weight range is about 25 +

interceptor sounds perfect for my dogs as we don't get fleas either.

Try Priceless Pets;

Interceptor Spectrum Tasty Chews ( 6 Doses) Large Dog 22.5 - 45 kg: $43.10

http://www.pricelesspets.com.au/products/i...ceptor-spectrum

Sentinel Spectrum Tasty Chews (6 doses) Large Dog 22 - 45 kg: $78.70

http://www.pricelesspets.com.au/products/sentinel-spectrum

ETA they are monthly doses.

Edited by SecretKei