Need Help Choosing A P & S Camera

Crazy Daisy

Well my camera has died thanks to OH taking it on a road trip through Alice Springs. :laugh:

I'm not great at taking photos, my main problem is I shake. I have nerve damage in both arms and find some cameras too heavy to hold and some of the small ones too uncomfortable.

I went and had a look at a Nikon L120 at dick smith this morning when I was doing the shopping and found it quite comfortable to hold. Has anyone got one of these?

Here's a link http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nik...ix_l120_review/

Is one brand better than another? My last one was a freebie through OH's work, it was a Samsung and took crap photos.

Any help is appreciated.

Can you describe the photos the Samsung took and what you like to change?

Generally with cameras, you get what you pay for. Outside, in good light, you should be able to get a decent photo with a P&S. Indoors when it's darker (and without the flash), you will get some blurry, noisy photos.

It took great photos outside on a bright day if the object was still. The rest of the time it seems the subject I was taking a photo of was a bit fuzzy. Maybe wishy washy, if you know what I mean? I have three young kids and I want to be able to catch them doing something without having it come out in a blur.

Here is one of the photos from the Samsung.....not crisp enough for me.

035.jpg

Ok, it is a touch soft and the colour is a bit blah.

I have no experience with the Nikon you are talking about, but I am a Nikon girl :laugh: My point and shoot is a Panasonic Lumix (TZ7) and it is a great little camera. That said, I know lots of people like the little Canons too. Kja has one of them (can't remember which one specifically).

Anyway, here are some examples from the Lumix if you want to have a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lolapug/sets/72157625309702453/

ETA The ones at the end were taken in the dark and they are blurry and noisy. There isn't much that can be done about that though (without using the flash, which I am allergic to :o).

Edited by huga