Dog Walking Accidents

Ons

I was at the beach with my APBT Armand (RIP) and my OH called out to him to come over.

I thought I had dropped the lead but somehow it managed to get wrapped around my finger and when he pulled away at top speed he managed to break it.

Oh boy did that hurt.

The same dog doing zoomies in the yard one day forgot to side step me sitting in a plastic outside chair and plowed into the legs, the chair broke and I ended up flat on my ass.

He also did the same thing a few days later and hit my right in the back of the knees, again I ended up flat on my ass

Edited by Bjelkier

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the worst and the best - About 8 years ago I was in the back yard watching the kids do hoonies and zoomies and spare wheels when one of the Kelpies crashed into my shin - I nearly passed out with the pain. But is passed - I went to the Doc and after various test I was diagnosed with an obscure bone tumour that I would never had know was on my shin if the pup had't crashed into it - following major life saving bone surgery, 20 months in a wheelchair and endless bone CTS I am .. touch wood - cancer free - 'they' the academic boffins - say I would have been dead in 3 years if I didnt have the surgery when I did. Good dog that one! Aint dead yet! :)

*Wraps self in cotton wool and cringes out of thread*

I think you have a significant stutter. :)

Mine was when i ran our dog down a hill in sandals... I tripped and the dog dragged me along the road, the really old gravelly bitchumen, you know the hard stuff.. I got up and walked home, telling everyone that asked that I wa fine.. not realising I had a nasty hole in my knee. It was down to the bone, but in such a way they couldn't stitch or butterfly clip it... That ruined the rest of my christmas holidays as I had to stay in the house with my leg up... No going to the beach :thanks: I remember sitting in the back of my dads saab with my leg in my mums lap, screaming as we went to hospital...

Bundy nearly sent me eflying into the concrete fence at a neighbours a month or so back.. Their dogs jumped at the fence, i corrected him for trying to join in, he barrelled backwards and took my leg with him.. The neighbour saw it... She copped a mouthful for allowing her dogs to rush the fences... they always throw themselves at it and can get their heads through the bars... dangerous sods they are. Haven't seen them since though, i think they're kept inside now.

You must be very scared Woofen!!!!!

Fractured my foot when my ACD zigged instead of zagged.

LMAO- I guess that what happens when the internet has a spaz!! :)

(and I do find the internet having a spat terrifying- I a a doloholic and wouldnt survive)

I had a backyard incident years ago with one of our APBT's, she was like Snoopy and her favourite place was sitting on top of her kennel. I was about to clean it out so was bent over to lift off the roof when she decided to run and jump on top, her head hit me in the nose at full pelt.

I had so much stinging in my eyes it took a few minutes to realise I had blood pouring out my nose, how it wasn't broken I don't know but I felt like I'd been hit by a bus lol.