Recommendations For Dog-friendly Ant Killer

koalathebear

Sachet of Coopex mixed with water in a spray bottle, spray all areas. Ive never seen ants like the amount we get here and this does the job around my place. I spray the bird aviaries, dog kennels, ferret cages and not had a problem.

I use talc as well. it works really well.

Thanks for the recommendation. What if you had a curious Kelpie puppy that likes to lick everything? :hug:

It gets stuck on their noses as well when they sniff it. I tend to keep the dog away from it because after it has been down a few days even if the talc blows away the ants take a while (if ever) to use that path again.

I used talc last summer and this summer I have had hardly any ants.

I use talc as well. it works really well.

Thanks for the recommendation. What if you had a curious Kelpie puppy that likes to lick everything? :hug:

Hey, we have MILLIONS of ants so don't try to kill them all, but we put a line of vasoline across their track or (around the poles the house is on) if coming into the house. Tea tree oil works for heavier concentrations. :)

Dissolve 1 tsp boric acid and 6 tablespoons of sugar in a cup of water. Soak some cotton wool balls in solution and but in a puppy proof sealed container with a few nail holes punched in. Put containers where you have the ant infestation, the ants will go in and feed from it and then take the poison back to the nest and poison the lot. Make sure it is pet and kid proof though as boric acid is poisonous.

Vinegar sprayed around an area is also mean't to be an ant deterrant.