Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cute SparkyTansy!!

I have to say nothing improves a bad day at work more than coming home, sitting on the floor of the puppy pen and being mobbed by 9 playful puppies. Jazz has started playing with them which is so cute to watch.

Well my guys are 6 weeks old now and we have a busy weekend with excited puppy buyers visiting. Why oh why does it have to rain though?? We have had the most beautiful weather all week and then overnight the rain hit :( My plans of cute, clean, fluffy puppies went. I bathed half of them and then gave in, there is just no point and I can't keep them inside all day as they will scream the neighbourhood down.

The weekend was busy, the pups were so tired Saturday night and Sunday.

I'm struggling to find a good home for red boy at the moment, I thought I would have no hassles placing him. I know if I advertised him as available on DOL he would go quickly but I don't want someone enquiring just because he is a colour. I am waiting on a reply from someone that had enquired about a boy to see if they are interested otherwise someone that I used to train at club with years ago and has recently found me on Facebook made a comment that she was interested, I thought it was a joke initially but it seems it isn't and I know she would be a good home for him. then there is 1 girl i would love in a performance home, if not I know where I can place her but just trying to sort out something where her high level of intelligence and energy will get a work out.

Oh and no wonder Jazz is not drying up - I watched her this afternoon sail over the fence into the puppy pen :eek:

Mine are all booked in for vaccs and microchipping on Saturday Morning, then the weekend after I will personality profile them and also check out their conformantion and pick mine. I will run on 2 girls, pick boy going to NZ, a few others going to obedience homes and a few to good pet homes.

piper i hope that you find a home for him soon and the girl you want in a performance home.

My first pup is going tonight... he is my standout favourite of the litter and i didn't want to face him going first, but he is best off in this home so that is where he will go... I'm sad...

The weekend was busy, the pups were so tired Saturday night and Sunday.

I'm struggling to find a good home for red boy at the moment, I thought I would have no hassles placing him. I know if I advertised him as available on DOL he would go quickly but I don't want someone enquiring just because he is a colour. I am waiting on a reply from someone that had enquired about a boy to see if they are interested otherwise someone that I used to train at club with years ago and has recently found me on Facebook made a comment that she was interested, I thought it was a joke initially but it seems it isn't and I know she would be a good home for him. then there is 1 girl i would love in a performance home, if not I know where I can place her but just trying to sort out something where her high level of intelligence and energy will get a work out.

Oh and no wonder Jazz is not drying up - I watched her this afternoon sail over the fence into the puppy pen :eek:

Let her wean in her own time. I always do and its no hazzle.

Sway - I will make another attempt at photos. Last weekends effort you could hardly see them, might trying setting them a bit looser so they sit on top of the fluff :)

BB - Funnily enough not long after posting that, someone went for a feed and she had a quiet growl and stepped away. I am just concerned about her condition - there is nothing left of the poor girl.

ST - It is funny how things work out. Someone coming to meet red on the weekend. It is someone I have known for years but not seen for 4 or 5 years. Her son in law is a member of the same CFS brigade as my husband. Through his Facebook wall he got to know her and mentioned this lady with a border collie as her profile pic, we added each other on the weekend. She has made a few comments about how much she would love him. Thought she was joking - apparently not. So it could all work out perfectly. He is my husbands favourite so looks like he will end up somewhere nearby and still able to have contact with him and I know how well she cares for her dogs. Good luck saying goodbye tonight, I'm torn between looking forward to having a bit more time back in my day and being sad to think of them going.

Running a couple of together with the stud dog owner. Will post pics when we make final decision, torn between a couple at the moment. 2 very different puppies with very different strong points.

The first few start to head off on Thursday and Friday, which will be good but sad. I have loved having them and can;t believe they are nearly 8 weeks but I am also ready for life to return to some level of normal. My husband is trying to work full time and study uni externally and has found it difficult as well. I would never criticise those who have multiple litters or several litters a year, but I just couldn't do it. I am exhausted and looking forward to a bit of a break.

As of Sunday there will only be 3 puppies here - 1 being picked up the following weekend, 1 that is staying for a little while (the other will go with the stud dog owner for awhile while we decide) and then I have 1 girl who has ended up available for a variety of reasons - she just doesn't suit the enquiries I have. I would love to get her in a performance home, I think she would be perfect and back in the days when agility was my first love she is exactly the puppy I would have picked.