Three Years Ago Now Kuga, A Very Special Old Man

hortfurball

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years went by a week ago, can't believe it's been so long already. Miss you sweet face.:heart: :heart: :heart:

Now I can smile for having known and loved you, rather than cry at your loss :)

Two years! I so remember this lovely old man.

It certainly takes a while for the smiles to come instead of the tears. Thank god they do, otherwise it would all be too hard.

Two years went by a week ago, can't believe it's been so long already. Miss you sweet face.:heart: :heart: :heart:

Now I can smile for having known and loved you, rather than cry at your loss :)

Two years! I so remember this lovely old man.

It certainly takes a while for the smiles to come instead of the tears. Thank god they do, otherwise it would all be too hard.

Ain't that the truth! A new dog in your life does help to not dwell on the loss, although obviously the timing of this varies for everyone. Took me about 14 months, but Rolf kind of fell into our lives, we wouldn't have got another dog for another year or so more except that he was being rehomed at that time and someone suggested we meet him. If I didn't have Ella already I would never have made it more than a few months I don't think. It's not that I would have been ready for a new dog, more that I wouldn't have been able to stand being without one.

I met someone who had been dogless for a few years after losing her beloved dog, and said she'd never have another because the pain of losing them was too great. I can't begin to imagine not having a dog in my life at all - that would be like constant pain! Someone else I know waited about 6 years because she loved her old boy so much, now she loves her girl so much she can't believe she waited and suffered so long without a dog in her life!

I also think Ella has greatly benefitted from having a new friend.

• 11 months later...

Three years today my lovely lad. Gone but never forgotten. :heart:

I doubt Kuga could ever be forgotten.

He has a certain style about him, a gentle soul for sure.

I am glad time has been easier for you, Horts.

We can smile when we think of those at the Rainbow Bridge rather than cry.

I suspect ( & hope) he is doing rabbit duty with my Gabor.

Kuga, dear gentle soul.

:rainbowbridge: