I Was A Bad Owner Yesterday....

W Sibs

I locked Charlie is my clothes/study room all day while I was at work. I thought he was in the backyard while I was leaving... he sometimes too busy chasing lizards to pay attention that I'm leaving.

I came home and I couldn't find him and then I heard barking from the back room... poor fella. Lucky I forgot to close the window the night before or else it would be so hot in there and I have a spare water bowl in there for him too and lucky I left work earlier to spend time with the dogs!

I opened the door and he ran to the backyard to do his business and then proceed to let me know how upset he was at me by walking around the house whinging, walking around the block whinging, he cuddles up to me whinging too.

Although it's a terrible thing to do... is it mean that I consider the whole situation funny? :o:laugh:

I locked Charlie is my clothes/study room all day while I was at work. I thought he was in the backyard while I was leaving... he sometimes too busy chasing lizards to pay attention that I'm leaving.

I came home and I couldn't find him and then I heard barking from the back room... poor fella. Lucky I forgot to close the window the night before or else it would be so hot in there and I have a spare water bowl in there for him too and lucky I left work earlier to spend time with the dogs!

I opened the door and he ran to the backyard to do his business and then proceed to let me know how upset he was at me by walking around the house whinging, walking around the block whinging, he cuddles up to me whinging too.

Although it's a terrible thing to do... is it mean that I consider the whole situation funny? :o:laugh:

Nah, he had water and fresh air - I'm sure he was probably a little bit miffed, but he then probably decided to go to sleep.

When I was young I accidentally locked the cat in my room for the day. She was so clever that she even did her wee in a myers bag (she even opened it up!).

I also have a few water bowls around the house in case the wind blows a door shut and the dogs are stuck somewhere.

Hehehe poor Charlie!

Although must admit it is kinda funny! :laugh:

We were always locking Bitty in the study by accident cuz she ninjas in without us noticing so we have now put a rope for her to open the door herself.

Hehehe poor Charlie!

Although must admit it is kinda funny! :laugh:

We were always locking Bitty in the study by accident cuz she ninjas in without us noticing so we have now put a rope for her to open the door herself.

That sounds like Ziggy in the bedroom... "where's Ziggy?" "Oh he just got himself locked in the bedroom again"

I locked one of mine in the toilet once, he was always sneaking in there trying to drink the water (OH sometimes forgets to put the lid down) and I didn't notice, shut the door, and went out for a couple of hours. At least he wouldn't have suffered from dehydration :laugh:

Poor Charlie. I'm sure he was fine though. Must have missed Em and visa verca???

My OH toileted the dogs the other night and left the eldest, Bonnie outside as she was still sniffing around.

After some time we noticed this sad faced pressed up against the front door glass. OH got up and said, "Sorry we have plenty of Cavaliers don't need any more ...try next door, they don't have a dog" as he opened the door anyway! :laugh: Poor Bonnie.

Yeah.. I think Charlie just slept.

That's a really good idea!!

Poor Charlie. I'm sure he was fine though. Must have missed Em and visa verca???

My OH toileted the dogs the other night and left the eldest, Bonnie outside as she was still sniffing around.

After some time we noticed this sad faced pressed up against the front door glass. OH got up and said, "Sorry we have plenty of Cavaliers don't need any more ...try next door, they don't have a dog" as he opened the door anyway! :laugh: Poor Bonnie.

LOL!! Poor Bonnie.

Well.. I knew where Emmy was most of the day. She is blowing coat right now and there is a lot of white fluff in front of my study door and there is scratch marks on the door too.

Edited by CW EW

I've locked my cat in the pantry for about 4hrs :laugh:

She must've snuck in there when I took the dog food out.

I heard her meowing when I got home and there she was in the pantry and she had knocked over her bag of food.... atleast she wasn't hungry :o

One time I shut Kivi in the study overnight by accident. I didn't know he was in there when I shut the door. OH got up the next morning and wanted to know where Kivi was. A brief, mad hunt around the house revealed him standing patiently behind the study door waiting to be let out. I had to laugh. Only Kivi would just quietly wait 8 hours to be let out again. He didn't make a sound the whole time he was in there. It's possible he was standing there at the door for 8 hours... He's a bit special.

One time I shut Kivi in the study overnight by accident. I didn't know he was in there when I shut the door. OH got up the next morning and wanted to know where Kivi was. A brief, mad hunt around the house revealed him standing patiently behind the study door waiting to be let out. I had to laugh. Only Kivi would just quietly wait 8 hours to be let out again. He didn't make a sound the whole time he was in there. It's possible he was standing there at the door for 8 hours... He's a bit special.

:laugh: gotta love that boy!

Charlie didn't make a sound when I left too, not even when I yelled out 'Bye Charlie!'.

He only barked when I came home and ask 'Where are you Charlie?'

I've locked my cat in the pantry for about 4hrs :laugh:

She must've snuck in there when I took the dog food out.

I heard her meowing when I got home and there she was in the pantry and she had knocked over her bag of food.... atleast she wasn't hungry :(

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :cheer: he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :laugh: he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

oh dear! :cheer:

did he sulk for hours afterward?

Raspa got kinda locked in the laundry one day, she likes to lie on the tiles in the laundry during the day and whilst the door (to outside freedom) was latched back the darstedly (sp) broom fell across the door way and there was no way in hell she was going anywhere near that broom to get out. Have absolutely no idea how long she was "stuck" in there but hopefully it wasn't long

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :laugh: he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

oh dear! :cheer:

nope he started attacking my feet lol. and demanded food rofl

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :cheer: he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

oh dear! :(

nope he started attacking my feet lol. and demanded food rofl

:laugh:

Atticus (Great Dane - gee I need to update my sig!) likes to drink from the bathroom tap so occasionally he'll nose the bathroom door open to investigate in the hope that someone left it running. Trouble is the door shuts after him and he can't nose it open from that side so he will just stand there, not making a sound, until you realise he's been absent for a little bit and open the door to find him standing there, patiently waiting for rescue with a dopey look of thanks on his face :laugh: