The Strangest Cross Breed You Have Ever Seen?

jackie_a1

My old boy (RIP :cheer: ) was supposedly a cocker spaniel mixed with some sort of terrier. till this day I will never know exactly what his cross was. He looks very similiar to this :

14wd0sn.jpg

A Corgi x Rotti

The look of a Rotti in the shape of a Corgi. Very very bizarre looking

What in the world... I'm curious as to what it looks like!! :laugh:

Edited by silentchild

I 'met' a Husky x Curly Coated Retriever this past weekend! A very different mix, had a coat that reminded me of a Chesapeake Bay Retriever.

We had a whole litter of these brought in by a registered breeder to the AWL about 8-9 years ago (accidental mating by two RB neighbours) it was alaskan malamute cross ccr mating though and while they were divine to look at they had awful temperaments. By memory a couple were returned, I remember one had severe aggression issues.

The worst and most unusual we saw was a litter of keeshond cross chihuahuas, they were a purposeful mating but all had to be euthed as they couldn't stand at 7 weeks of age as their legs were so small and their body normal size. The most disgusting thing as the owner said "the last litter was fine" :laugh:

I have met a lot of strange ones on my grooming table in 25yrs !!

While we're at it...anyone got ideas on this little guy? He came in to rescue on Monday from a local pound, so we have no idea who his mum & dad were. I realise he's probably 'six of the best' and it's not important to us that he is labelled as any particular breed. Really if we were told Basenji x Chi or JRT x Staffy , or anything in between, it would be plausible!

He weighed 7.7 kgs at the vet yesterday. I, unlike a lot of others, DO NOT see Corgi in him !

post-34343-1300851594_thumb.jpg

In the local pet shop is a malamute X bulldog. has a bull body but these gorgeous spiky ears. She's a stunning puppy and obviously going to be a rather large dog as she's 10 weeks now and already the size of a small cocker.

My black girl in the signature is a beagle X cocker spaniel. I think she looks all beagle and the only cocker about her is her colouring. Alot of people think she is a lab puppy or lab cross.

If you do a site search of gumtree.com.au - there are some husky x pommeranain puppies available.

And yes - the pom was the mum. Apparently it was a bigger than standard pom and a smaller than standard husky.

Can't tell you how wrong I think it is. The breeder thinks there should be more (tho not with those particular parents) because they're so cute. ARGH.

Weirdest x breed I've met...

ACD x Dalmation.

Perfect ACD shape, perfect Dalmation spots, even not blurry, no ticking or blobby patches. Pointy ears and ACD coat. Was a lovely dog, with a slight tendency to ACD grumpiness, which my dog quickly defused.

Also seen a brindle kelpie x corgi. Another really nice natured dog but slightly mutant around the feet unfortunately.

I had a foster who was dashyx cattle, she looked just like a tiny cattle dog, with slightly longer back, her temp was all dashy :laugh:

She went to a great home ( turned out to be deaf) and they are constantly get asked what she is as she is so cute, they have a laugh and say she is a minature cattle dog :cheer:

Will find some pics.

we have a poodlex kelpie down the road.

When I was growing up we had a dachshund x kelpie. He looked like a tall dachshund.

A lady I work with wants a GSD x Poodle... apparently they are being bred and are popular (so she says) :o tells me I should have gotten one of them instead of my pedigree GSD!!!

I did a google search and they do exist!

We had a corgi x GSD rescue. He looked like a long haired GSD puppy as an adult with a slightly longer wheel base. Don't know much about corgi temperaments but this boy was playful, dog friendly, nosy, liked to be guard dog (but not aggressive) and also liked his comfort and cuddles. We'd often find him stretched out on someone's bed with his head on the pillow thinking he was invisible. He did have arthritis problems in his back legs as he aged. Because he was a rescue he came to three names - Gordon, Ian and Hey Dog (all discovered by accident).

A jack Russell X Cattle Dog - quite a few actually and not related!

Golden Retriever X Shih Tzu.

Looked kinda like Barkley of Sesame Street but had short legs, one front leg was very bowed and tunred out, the other nice and straight. All four legs were short, she was very long in body and had a LArge head. Coat grew about 4 inshes longa nd was shaggy. Sweet dog.

Jack Russell X Stafford

Border Collie X Westie

Amstaff x dachshund

i have no idea one my foster dogs we are not certain on his actual breed but if you can imagine a american stafford build at the front, head, neck and muscles on his little dachshund body and legs ahhaa god he was a funny looking thing waddled around. but soo smart

2d2artl.jpg

and also think schnauzer x std poodle look terrible!

and puggle pug x beagle

SOme of the Oodles are just awful looking.

I am amazed some people can convince themselves that they're trendy enough that they can overlook how darn ugly some of them are.

I haven;t met too many weird crosses. The golden reteiver x poodle in our class is awful though.

Such a nasty nature

When I was growing up a friend had a border collie x basset hound, it had the border coat in length and black/white colouring and the head of border but heavy built with long body and short legs, quite a handsome dog actually, name was Basil.