The Strangest Cross Breed You Have Ever Seen?

jackie_a1

APBT x shih tzu. Tan, smallish, short fur, but fluffy ears and tail, and shorter muzzle. Fugly :thumbsup:

Border collie x bull terrier. Bully shape with bc colouring and fur.

JRT x rotti. JRT size, rotti colouring plus some white, broader head.

Apparently there are a whole lot of stubby legged mixed breeds based on a randy corgi around a few outstations in Arnhem Land due to the dog's owner being a travelling missionary, and chi crosses in the Kimberleys, probably for the same reason. Missionary position, or doggy style? :rofl:

Amstaff x dachshund

i have no idea one my foster dogs we are not certain on his actual breed but if you can imagine a american stafford build at the front, head, neck and muscles on his little dachshund body and legs ahhaa god he was a funny looking thing waddled around. but soo smart

2d2artl.jpg

and also think schnauzer x std poodle look terrible!

and puggle pug x beagle

These make me so sad, met one, beautiful beagle face, strange awful body, outta proportion.

owned a german shepherdx corgi that we rescued looked like a miniature shepherd with short legs and very wide rib cage looked very porky but she had a brilliant temperment

I had one too, bless her. I got to see one of her littermates and she had a GSD head on a Corgi body, strangest thing.

This was my girl GSD/Corgi

CCF22122010_00005.jpg

CCF22122010_00008.jpg

Border Collie X Westie

Oh my gawd - what did that look like??? :thumbsup:

A lovely family adopted Chloe (pictured below) from me - she was like a blonde scruffy kelpie - who knows what mix she was but she was awesome. However, her adoptive family have a staffy x schnauzer - he is GORGEOUS!!! He is black - had similar coat length to Chloe - chunky like a staffy with a schnauzer-ish head - he is such a character!!!

post-3931-1300886064_thumb.jpg

Edited by westielover

I saw a Shih Tzu x Beagle the other day. He seemed vaguely similar to a somewhat clipped Tibetan Terrier to me or a very small bearded collie (the colour probably helped with the latter though). He was beautifully groomed.

Someone at work was advertising JRT x Chinese Cresteds, the email ad included photos and they were the ugliest puppies I'd ever seen. They had tufts of wiry hair sticking out of an almost hairless body. You know those "ugliest dog in the world" photos that do the rounds from time to time,......these puppies would have been right at home amongst them.

Also met a pug x lab, weird looking dog, it looked like a bit of both breeds cobbled together.

When I got married I inherited my husbands dog Max we called him the Colonel, he was a Kelpie X Corgi, he had the body of a Corgi and the head of a Kelpie and he had the biggest most beautiful ears. Anyway he was a cool dude and he was 17 when we lost him.

JJ awwwww I can see some corgi in there me thinks.

You know AWL does dna testing for dogs? If you got the spare cashola and you're curious it's worth a try.

I have looked into that before. I may in the future but I am not that concerned about finding out. I just call him a corgi cross when people ask what he is. That explains it best :hug:

I had a Pomeranian x Husky come into work the other day -- according to the owner "the rarest breed in Australia!" The pup looked like a Finnish Lapphund and I asked if that was what it was! It had pom hair, blue eyes, and husky colouring. Good lord.

My own personal mutt is a staffy x norfolk terrier Carl. See sig. :hug: When shaved he looks like a fawn staffy with a fluffy tail. He has staffy ears, muscle tone, head shape and height, but the length and coat of a norfolk. We get asked what he is constantly!

DSC03288.jpgPicture9.png

I had a Pomeranian x Husky come into work the other day -- according to the owner "the rarest breed in Australia!" The pup looked like a Finnish Lapphund and I asked if that was what it was! It had pom hair, blue eyes, and husky colouring. Good lord.

My own personal mutt is a staffy x norfolk terrier Carl. See sig. :hug: When shaved he looks like a fawn staffy with a fluffy tail. He has staffy ears, muscle tone, head shape and height, but the length and coat of a norfolk. We get asked what he is constantly!

DSC03288.jpgPicture9.png

Love th pic of him with the toilet roll- how cute :thumbsup:

When I was training to be a groomer we had a westie x lab come in, looked just like a large westie but with a very long back - like most x bred terriers I have met, he had the most vile temperament.