The Strangest Cross Breed You Have Ever Seen?

jackie_a1

My brother has a jack russell x stafford. Which doesn't seem too unusual I suppose. But she looks pretty much like a red stafford, quite pretty, but her legs are half length! It's really odd.

I did also meet a GSD x corgi when I was a kid - it too looked just like a GSD - only with very short legs...

the worst i've seen and it was only recently at our local dog park; a black jap spitz x'd with i think a pom, which in and of itself doesn't sound too bad as far as breeds go BUT it was the ugliest, weirdest looking thing i'd seen in a long time, so much so that i couldn't take my eyes off it...

it was charcoal coloured, a ball of fluff that took in its whole body and so much so that you couldn't easily determine its head and the only distinguishing feature of its head was the white feathering on the very tips of its ears --- it had longish, spindly legs that seemed to spring as it trotted about and it much preferred its own company...

it reminded me too much of the cartoon tassie devil and at any second, i half expected it to mutate into some whirling dirvish and start making all those same sounds --- freakiest looking dog, really unattractive!

its owner, a young girl, said she worked at PP and that she remembered this dog when it first came in with its litter mates but that this particular pup went unsold and so was transferred on sale twice and that she tracked it down and bought it...

the only other 'breed' that startled me was what appeared to be a BC x corgi --- altho a gorgeous looking animal [bC thru and thru but for it's stumpy legs and stout body], i remember feeling hellish sorry for the poor thing!

horrible what some peeps do; flat out horrible :rofl:

Strangest cross I've heard of was a Bull mastiff x chihuahua! :cheer:

Strangest cross I've seen was a Lab x Bull terrier. Looked like a short Lab with squinty eyes. :)

Bull mastiff x chihuahaua :o how is that even possible...how do they even mange to mate with that size difference :) unless they do AI, but I can't imagine a BYB going to that trouble.

Gee I hope the female was the Bull mastiff & not the chihuahua. :(

I found it here ages ago:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpo...amp;postcount=1

I used to live next door to a Maltese/ACD years ago. It was the most adorable dog, its coat colour was that of a blue ACD (very obvious and perfect cattle markings) but had the long silky coat of a maltese. Height wise it was somewhere in between the 2 breeds.

There are all sorts of weird and wonderful crossbreeds around the agility and flyball circuit, I will try and find some photos of them.

Gilby where did you acquire flea? Cute but he is probably gonna be a handful. Do you know which was the Mother and which was the father?

I actually have a photo of the mini coolie x I'll post it up.

The father was the Malamute, black and white with tips of golden brown and his mother, the bulldog was white. His dad was a big sook of an animal and his mother was extremely placid. I'm looking forward to what ever he throws at me. He's started teething, it's pretty full on. He's sure helping the kids learn the lesson of putting toys away!

I got him from an American Bulldog breeder. Have been breeding American Bulldogs for 12 years but their super eager Malamute managed to get in on the action.

He was by far the best looking of the litter with the best colours.

Albury Dog Rescue rehomed a litter of Maltese/Shih Tzu X Staffy pups and they were adorable. They were like a really stocky scruffy terrier - I bet that many more of the larger scruffy terriers are similar mixes than are given credit for.

Some local idiot is also breeding Maltese X ACD and calling them Blue Teasers :). Albury Dog Rescue have rehomed a stack of them AND their subsequent litters.

There is another local idiot breeding Norwegian Elkhounds & Beagles that are sold at the local Pets Paradise. Very, very cute dogs BUT a number of ended up in the pound.

When I was training to be a groomer we had a westie x lab come in, looked just like a large westie but with a very long back - like most x bred terriers I have met, he had the most vile temperament.

You need to meet some of the X breed terriers that went through Albury Dog Rescue then as they all had spectacular temperaments. The Staffy X Maltese pups, in particular, were beyond reproach.

Some kids I know from work recently got a cavalier X Koolie, it's a pup so will have to wait to see what it really looks like when it grows. It is mainly the tan/red (sorry not sure what colour you call it on cavs) over its head, body and tail, it's underneath is white and it has the bluest eyes, it has the fur type of the cav but not quite as long.

I had a picture in my phone but deleated it before I downloaded it. I will have to get them to bring it in again so I can get more pics.

Albury Dog Rescue rehomed a litter of Maltese/Shih Tzu X Staffy pups and they were adorable. They were like a really stocky scruffy terrier - I bet that many more of the larger scruffy terriers are similar mixes than are given credit for.

Some local idiot is also breeding Maltese X ACD and calling them Blue Teasers :laugh:. Albury Dog Rescue have rehomed a stack of them AND their subsequent litters.

There is another local idiot breeding Norwegian Elkhounds & Beagles that are sold at the local Pets Paradise. Very, very cute dogs BUT a number of ended up in the pound.

I remember a dog that went through your rescue that looked like a bit of everything. Wish I could remember his name. Would have been late 2005, early 2006.