The Strangest Cross Breed You Have Ever Seen?

jackie_a1

Shitzu x Staffy
Shitzu x Staffy

What did it look like MEH, because I know the Shih tzu x Aussie looked weird. :o

... o___O. I just randomly remembered seeing this puppy and had to go back through a selling community on facebook to find it for you guys! Lol

staffyshitzu.jpg

It's.. kind of cute I guess? lol. No telling what other breeds could be in it, though.. where I used to live (which is the selling page is for) should have been renamed "BYB central" haha.

It may be cute there because every puppy is cute but id hate to see what it looks like when its older O.o

I used to know a greyhound X ridgeback - slightly strange looking dog because he had the lean bone structure of a greyhound in his body, but a big square boxy head...he was dark brindle colour. He wasn't the nicest dog in the world either, but he had been rescued from an abusive home, so that may have affected his temperament.

Some idiot in the local paper last weekend was selling.... 'Purple Heelers'!!!! One parent was a Red 'Heeler' & the other a Blue 'Heeler'. They obviously believe that like paint > blue + red = Purple!?! So unbelievable but I am sure there will be people who have fallen for it.

Bit sad really :o

Yeah interesting concept that one. I saw it too and wondered WTF they were on.

Our new neighbours have a large female Lab x mastiff and a small male (Pom?) mix, both entire. Apparently it was fine to leave them together when she was on heat though because the male is "too small" to get to the female. Errrrrrr really? I'll be expecting some interesting looking pups next month...

:D :)

I met a Dobe X RR a couple of years ago....Beautiful dog, Dobe colouring, RR build with a ridge. She had the most beautiful temperament ;)

Wow that would have looked pretty :D

She was gorgeous!!!

Joanne - your poodle x GSD is a beautiful girl......Looks completely different when clipped!! :laugh:

Shitzu x Staffy
Shitzu x Staffy

What did it look like MEH, because I know the Shih tzu x Aussie looked weird. :D

... o___O. I just randomly remembered seeing this puppy and had to go back through a selling community on facebook to find it for you guys! Lol

staffyshitzu.jpg

It's.. kind of cute I guess? lol. No telling what other breeds could be in it, though.. where I used to live (which is the selling page is for) should have been renamed "BYB central" haha.

It may be cute there because every puppy is cute but id hate to see what it looks like when its older O.o

Yes very true.. it doesn't look a pretty sight in my mind. All the same, that puppy isn't at all what I would have envisioned a staffy X shitzu to look like if I'd never seen a picture! it's nose looks a little out of joint, literally.. lol.

Strangest cross I've heard of was a Bull mastiff x chihuahua! :laugh:

Strangest cross I've seen was a Lab x Bull terrier. Looked like a short Lab with squinty eyes. ;)

Bull mastiff x chihuahaua :o how is that even possible...how do they even mange to mate with that size difference :D unless they do AI, but I can't imagine a BYB going to that trouble.

Gee I hope the female was the Bull mastiff & not the chihuahua. :(

In a thread similar to this one a while back, I posted photos of a dog that was reputed to be this cross and yes the mother was the bull mastiff. Alot of people didn't beleive it when I posted the photo, I must be gullible because I did.

Sadly i didn't snap a pic but at the vet a client brought in a staffy cross greyhound from the pound....really long legs on a lean body, stocky chest with a sdfafford head.....very very interesting cross breed. Sorry i didnt take a picc

• 2 weeks later...

My own dog :laugh:

I was told he was a fox terrier cross.... I still have no idea what he is but he looks like a corgi cross border collie to me!

He grew up to be this handsome boy.

jetty.jpg

I think he looks lovely! What a beautiful face!

I have a pug x Beagle who is adorable so semi offended that his mix has made the list. He was an accident with the beagle next door becoming 'friendly' with their pug and thus my crazy, naughty but adorable little boy was made.

We had a GD greyhound cross when I was kid. Had 2 GD's which were beautiful dogs but I was always a little scared of the greyhound cross. She was a cranky thing.

Also had a chihuahua poodle cross. Now there was an ugly dog! A bit larger than a chihauhua with wispy, kinda curly greyish brown fur. When wet he looked exactly like a rat! :rofl: I loved him though :D

This is a Stafford x Pug :rofl: 8mnths old

I would say that pup would be 8 weeks not months, it looks to have a cat collar on and even an 8 month old Pug would have out grown a cat collar.

I have pics of a ACD x Pembroke, from a distance it looked like a really pale Red Stumpy Cattle, with a much wider girth but her head was total Corgi :D

ETA: Interesting that hitting "Reply" to Dogsrawesome it replaced the emoticon with a laughing guy and not the shrieking one, still getting used to the new look DOL :confused:

Edited by 2psinapod

When we lived in the NT in the late seventies we owned a Bull Terrier cross Dingo. This was actually a great dog, but we lived on a property, I am not sure how he would have been as a town-dog. He had no aggression at all. And got on well with our other dogs.

He was also a great hunter and used to catch goanna's and snakes.

Jack is a Husky X Corgi (or possibly Swedish Vallhund). He may also have some sort of sheep dog in him. He sort of looks like a GSD with incredibly short legs. He has the Corgi body-type, though.

3356517440_3ce6f85f62.jpg

Edited by iltby™

The Newcastle paper on the weekend had Bordoodles- Border collie/ poodle. They are "cute, black and fluffy"

About a year ago in Wagga I saw an ad in a pet shop window for maltese cross mini daschund. I felt sad, I have a female of each of these. I could only think a cross of them would just be a long pile of ugly. :confused:

Iltby he has gorgeous blue eyes.

I have to admit, anything crossed with a pug isn't too my liking.

Pugaliers or whatever they're called. And I saw a dachshund cross stafford. It had a small body with short stumpy legs I couldn't see too much of the stafford except that it was really friendly.

Saw a dog today that is a Stafford cross, Looks exactly like a friends Stafford Jack russell, except for the colouring. Interesting long bodied short legged dog with some of the biggest thigh muscles I have ever seen!

my boy

as a stray, we dont know his exact heritage

he has the markings of a black and tan kelpie, the long, thick coat of a border collie, the body and head of either the border or the kelpie, short stumpy fox terrior legs, and a long curly tail( from who knows where?), that drags along the ground if he doesnt hold it up! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: