The Strangest Cross Breed You Have Ever Seen?

jackie_a1

Ok click add reply then if you scroll down there should be a button that says choose file. You can attach pictures from your comp there but they have to be smaller than 300K which isn't big :(

Then you click attach and it should attach to your post :)

Hope that helps

I see all sorts but one that stood out when being booked in for boarding was a Shar Pei /Akita cross.

It had the body/size of an Akita head/tail of a Shar Pei .

Luckily for this dog they have very responsible owners who understood the combo could be a time bomb & had it trained to perfection & was a total joy to look after .

In the wrong hands :eek:

• Like 1

The weirdest one I have seen was a long time family friend she had a Corgi x Rhodesian Ridgeback. The shape of a corgi legs and all with the colour and ridge running straight up her back. Her name was misty and she lived well into her teen years and was loved to death.

Whoa the pei akita mix is really a strange one!

Speaking of akita's there is a cross breed one in my area it so strange looking it looks like a tiny akita it is definitely in its late senior years. It's so small maybe the size of a small kelpie but looks like a mini akita, not a big head. I wish I could take a picture but not sure if that's breaking any laws? :p

I have seen advertised when I started out looking for a dog a rotty X mini poodle (Roodle) ha... It was colours of Rotty with a shaggy poodle coat.

I will never forget the photos of these poor dogs... every single one of them looked at you through the pics with at WHAT THE HECK happened to me kinda look! not the nicest looking dogs, but I'm sure they would have been lovely pets.

• Like 1

One of my childhood dogs was a bit of a freakshow :laugh:

Milo was small, about 5 kilos at most.

Long body but very thick set, short legs, huge curly tail that looked like it belonged to a dog about twice the size, massive bat ears on a small head, short brown coat with a black mask and he could jump like a kangaroo!

I wish I had a photo of him on the computer, he was so funny, poor dear.

What really takes the cake is he was sold as an Airedale :rofl:

Iltby he has gorgeous blue eyes.

I have to admit, anything crossed with a pug isn't too my liking.

Pugaliers or whatever they're called. And I saw a dachshund cross stafford. It had a small body with short stumpy legs I couldn't see too much of the stafford except that it was really friendly.

He actually has heterochromic eyes :) -

3389799398_665b01f697.jpg

A friend of mine was over in Wales and he cut a clipping out of the paper

and sent it to me.It was a dachsund cross rotti like a shrunken rotti.The

funniest part about it was the doxie was the father!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go son.

OK - the two strangest mixes I've actually seen myself were Labrador/Corgi - think Cardigan Corgi (black/tan), only larger and with a Labrador coat - she was a lovely dog though... and the other was a Staffy/Maltese - think Staffy size and shape with longish fine hair like a Maltese but a bit sparser than the actual Malt coat - so wrong on so many levels, but she was a truly lovely dog in all respects.

Both of the above were in rescue and have been rehomed to awesome forever homes who dote on them like the princesses they are... *grin*

I'll never forget the pups from a friend's GSD bitch who had been potted by the neighbour's Mini Foxy dog... none of the pups were viable, some had large bodies and small heads, small bodies and long legs, small bodies with big heads... very scary!

T.

Shar Pei crossed with a Schnauzer, she had a bone mouth with long fluffy hair and a Schnauzer body and tail. Sounds terrible but she was actually very pretty and after a fair bit of work by her owner a lovely dog.

• Confused 1

• 8 years later...
On 24/03/2011 at 12:14 AM, westielover said:

Oh my gawd - what did that look like??? :thumbsup:

A lovely family adopted Chloe (pictured below) from me - she was like a blonde scruffy kelpie - who knows what mix she was but she was awesome. However, her adoptive family have a staffy x schnauzer - he is GORGEOUS!!! He is black - had similar coat length to Chloe - chunky like a staffy with a schnauzer-ish head - he is such a character!!!

post-3931-1300886064_thumb.jpg

I am the person who adopted Chloe ! She lived with Mac until he died aged 11 yrs(2016).  We then had Chloe for another 3 yrs ,she passed this April aged 14 +yrs ,she was the most amazing dog , she made us so happy and we were honoured to love her and be loved by her .❤️❤️

50EA8B95-5E6E-4A87-AB4B-34A334F78027.jpeg

• Like 11

my mum found a dumped long coat german shepherd. no one noticed when she was in season but obviously my brothers toy, yes  white toy poodle must have, because to everyone's amazement she had 11 pups and when we counted back it must have happened about two months after mum found her.

the mind boggles trying to imagine how he managed it.

the results were as uniform as if they were the one breed.. huge shaggy dark black/grey.........(his dad was a silver, which he must have passed onto all the pups)

at the time , early 70's, there was a new breed being imported .  Pups were $7,000 and had to go on a list to get one. forget the breed name.

anyway mum found homes for all but two which she kept.....so we are at a show with my brothers chihuahua and mum has her two giant oodle cross girls.............there in another ring are their dead ringers.... the new imports?

soon as their owner spotted mums pair she made a beeline to ask who mum imported them from, she was in utter shock when she found they were poodle german shepherd cross.

Was even beginning to get angry until she learned both they and their mum were now desexed and yep we had heaps ask where could they get one just like them and so referred them to the lady with the new breed.

so funny

although not for the poor lady who had spend so much introducing her new imports until she calmed down

oh my gosh, just realised mum's rescue girls litter predated the labradoodle by almost 20 years

umm Kelb, wasnt though. so when my brother married and his wife's champion black pom had a litter to an import and the puppies began to get fluffy faces and the black pups turned silver and the red pups turned apricot not only did she had a fit, but the owner of the import refused to give her a repeat mating,  was pretty obvious the one mating he had given didnt do much of a job since not one of the pups were by his dog yet she had been with the breeder from the time she began to come in until he said she was mated and could come home? 

They thought he meant she was off now.  no one spotted Kelb up to anything, but then he was never spotted creating his first oodle litter....

She had two black and three red pups, they had no trouble selling them as pets, but Tom kept two of the apricots, as adults they had to be continually clipped so they were kept in lamb clips, everyone who saw them wanted one.. used to get my brothers wife furious.

Lol Kelb so was the forerunner of the oodle's eh?

his odd name came from my brother had an arabic dictionary. to name our arabian foals.. eg,   Ibn Asal - Son of Honey, (his mums pet name)  Asal became my show prefix for my cavies, they won everywhere, including the first shown at Sydney Royal, even against English imports. Percy Shorts black smoothcoat took out Supreme Champion Smoothcoat and one of my long coats took out Supreme Longcoat. he was a glorious white with gold face patches...   Have to apologise to his owner, I cant remember her name.

Kelb means. not too original......... dog

Edited by asal
  • Haha 2

You just would not believe what you get if a cavalier king charles gets to a chihuahua girl........

she was so huge we thought she had 5 pups, even the vet........she didnt seem to be getting anywhere in labour so took her to the vet who decided all the pups were so tangled there was no way he could untangle them.

so proceed to op and the look on his face when he removed just the one BIG pup.

think he was more astounded than I was.

never suspected she wasn't just a big singleton purebred chi.

well not until she kept growing and growing and growing until by six months blind freddy could see something was seriously odd.

by then I was beginning to realise this baby was looking suspiciously like a parti coloured Tibetan Spaniel??????????

long body , short legs.........a baby Tibbie?

we ended up calling her Tibbie.

the only explaination my vet could come up with was her dad was my neighbours Cavalier King Charles?

She so looked like a tibbie I think I could have shown her and no one would have suspected

decades ago I saw what his owner said was a chi x great dane... it too had the short corgie like legs... have to wonder about what genes the chihuahua carry to make a cross with some bigger breeds have such short legs?

Edited by asal
  • Haha 1

This doggy pops up on a doggy daycare page that I follow. I reckon it’s one of the funkiest mixed breeds I’ve seen in a while, and I see a lot of dogs! 

there’s one that comes into my other job as well. I call him the sun bear! He was booked as a corgi x. But he’s not at all. He is like the most massive shepherd you could imagine, on stumps, and probably 60kg. We were expecting maybe. 10-15 kg dog to arrive! 
not everything with short legs is a corgi mix!! 

49D97AB4-0769-4CFC-AC34-89971594348A.jpeg

• Haha 2