The Strangest Cross Breed You Have Ever Seen?

jackie_a1

I know someone who has a dog with a pembroke corgi x cav mother and a Jack Russell x pointer dad. It doesn't look like any of those - just a small/medium sized, slightly short-legged black and white bitzer dog.

I did once see a dog that looked like it had a basset body and a bull terrier head. Possibly the most ridiculous-looking dog I've ever seen!

My friend has a crazy looking little dog. My guess is she's dachshund cross stafford.

She looked like a stafford pup in shape when she was little, but has only grown lengthways! :birthday: Her legs are hilariously short.

She has wall eyes and white and black patches and is so friggin' adorable and naughty. :provoke:

GSD x Daccy - poor, deformed looking puppies. :love: Had chunky, big bodies and heads like a GSD but with stumpy, deformed little legs. :laugh: In PP of course.

Staffy x Maltese (again in PP) - ugly, scruffy little things.

Kelpie x Chi - looked just like a Pom!

Edited by Kirty

:o Some of those crosses sound like a disaster waiting to happen... there is a Jack Russell x Pug down the road, has had patella surgery on both knees because of injury even before its first birthday... now it is very Pug-looking but with longer legs and about twice as big as either parent breed... :love:

Kelpie x Maltese. Looked just like any number of oodle things - black, scruffy mid-length hair on a small-to-medium dog. Lovely dog, really - terrible dog to have on a property, though, really busy all day long rolling in as many types of crap as possible.... :laugh:

Sorry I forgot to add a girl in my tafe class last year had an 'accidental' breeding between her female american stafford (assuming it was a cross from photos) with her six and a half year old maltese terrier.

From what I remember she said a couple puppies died it left them with a litter of three. The puppies had curly fluffy type coats? With a sort of fawn and white marking? She said the mating happened because the person whom she originally got the am staff off, had told her the dog had been desexed prior. Obviously not.

In the local pet shop is a malamute X bulldog. has a bull body but these gorgeous spiky ears. She's a stunning puppy and obviously going to be a rather large dog as she's 10 weeks now and already the size of a small cocker.

My black girl in the signature is a beagle X cocker spaniel. I think she looks all beagle and the only cocker about her is her colouring. Alot of people think she is a lab puppy or lab cross.

I have a Malamute x Bulldog. American Bulldog though. 13 weeks old and not from a pet shop.

Meet Flea.

dsc00541yb.jpg

Strangest cross I've heard of was a Bull mastiff x chihuahua! :)

Strangest cross I've seen was a Lab x Bull terrier. Looked like a short Lab with squinty eyes. ;)

Bull mastiff x chihuahaua :D how is that even possible...how do they even mange to mate with that size difference :grouphug: unless they do AI, but I can't imagine a BYB going to that trouble.

Gee I hope the female was the Bull mastiff & not the chihuahua. :D

A few years ago i was driving along out of town and saw a little scruffy puppy running around on someone's driveway right next to the highway. So i stopped and grabbed it and drove down to the house, where i found the father was a purebred Boxer and the mother was a Maltese/Shih Tzu. My grandmother ended up feeling so sorry for it and having recently lost her Whippet she took it home, it grew up to look alot like a Griffon Bruxellois just twice the size (and really ugly!). it was 100% Boxer temperament and energy level though :grouphug:

My mum has a Kelpie X Boxer. She is Kelpie sized, but with a deeper chest, has Boxer colouring, but a Kelpie coat type, and crazy ears. You would never guess Boxer in her, but she is quite like a Boxer in temperament. She is a nut about fetch, though.

The dog I grew up with was a Gordan Setter X Lab. Best dog ever.

My aunt and uncle had a Maltese X Corgi that was kinda weird looking. Corgi body and size, but black and white, wiry hair. She had a drop dead gorgeous temperament. Really beautiful, special dog.