Golden Retriever Attacks 4 People

Inevitablue

How insensitive are people? Steve and his family have just lost busta and you want to put the boot in? FWIW, Steve helps many people rehabilitate their dogs, including bullbreeds. Because busta attacked his family on private property it wasn't a council issue.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How insensitive are people? Steve and his family have just lost busta and you want to put the boot in? FWIW, Steve helps many people rehabilitate their dogs, including bullbreeds. Because busta attacked his family on private property it wasn't a council issue.

I didn't mean for my comment to be insensitive and I apologise if it came across that way.

As I said, I'm glad this dog got a second chance, I just think it's very sad for owners of bull breeds not to get the same chance for their pets.

RIP Busta :(

Our boy Harry was PTS because of a brain tumour that caused a very rapid change in behaviour. It was a heartbreaking decision and I still think about him all the time. Condolences to Steve and his family.

As I said, I'm glad this dog got a second chance, I just think it's very sad for owners of bull breeds not to get the same chance for their pets.

Steve works with many aggression cases, breed is irrelevant when it comes to what dogs we work with and which ones "get a second chance". We have many clients who come to us afrer their dogs have bitten or have been declared dangerous, they arent all in the news though.

Steve made a tribute video for Busta if anyone would like to view it or read about his story, it's on our blog.

http://k9pro.com.au/blog/?p=378

Steve works with many aggression cases, breed is irrelevant when it comes to what dogs we work with and which ones "get a second chance". We have many clients who come to us afrer their dogs have bitten or have been declared dangerous, they arent all in the news though.

Steve made a tribute video for Busta if anyone would like to view it or read about his story, it's on our blog.

http://k9pro.com.au/blog/?p=378

Never mind, people read what they want to read.

Edited by Aussie3

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree, while I'm happy for any dog to get a second chance, there seems to be some pretty clear double standards at work.

Case 1: Pit Bull x attacks small child - dog is PTS and all Pit Bull types banned

Case 2: Goldie attacks it's own family - gets training and a nice new home....

The pit bull made an unprovoked attack on child, chased her into her home and KILLED her.

The Goldie attacked it's family in extenuating circumstances. Sure, poor previous training probably contributed but Busta never killed anyone and was known by the neighbourhood as a placid and friendly dog.

Two entirely different situations where breed had nothing to do with it.

I don't see any double standards???

I'm pretty sure that most people would agree any dog who attacks someone and actually kills them should be PTS or at the very least be declared dangerous and put through an extensive behavioural assessment and rehab program.

Anyway, RIP Busta, steve and family- sorry for your loss and thanks for giving busta the opportunity to live out his last days in such a happy environment.