Back Seat Buddies For Cars

jemappelle

Those back seat buddies looked awesome until I looked at the cost :laugh: $275 on one website. Can't really justify that for my crappy, old '97 camry... Possibly when I get a new corolla in a couple of years I would get one because they look great :)

*Edit: Just found this website, it was one of the banner ads at the top of this site. It has back-seat hammocks for $40 plust postage. Back Seat Hammock

Edited by monique89

I find the hair goes everywhere no matter what I use,did buy a couple of pricey hammocky bed type things but have reverted to old sheets and blankets. I just clean the car more often, bit of a pain but am looking at changing to a more suitable car,I had this one before we got the dogs so it is pretty impractical. The seats clean up fine and I give them a spray with fabric freshener once a week. The main casualty has been the window tint - big scratch down one window - however this was OH's fault as he was pulling faces at Alfie through the window :laugh: . We also have a barrier I bought from Supercheap auto that hooks over the head rests and goes between the front seats for safety,we used this whilst they got used to their car harnesses. I figure when I go to sell the car even the most expensive detail - including steam cleaning the seats will be cheaper than endlessly paying for new hammocks/covers.

The Reject shop has a cover similar to The Back seat Buddy. Has clips on 4 corners that goes around rear and front head rests, made from, a sort of canvas. Has a zipper that you can open between the 2 front seats, to reach the dog. Cost, $14!!!!!! Had one on for years. You only have to brush sand, hairs etc off with a dust pan and small hand held broom. :):)

We also have a barrier I bought from Supercheap auto that hooks over the head rests and goes between the front seats for safety

OMG THANK YOU!! I didn't know this thing existed! I got a knock off backseat buddy but found out I couldn't hook it to the back seats because there's no headrests...I still used it as a stop to the front seat, but because it wasn't rigid/secure my boy likes to test my patience and work his way under to get to the drivers seat!! (Note I did not say front passenger seat....???)

Thanks everyone! I am going to get the Running Dog one posted by KelpieHoundMum as I like the way it zips up near the doors. These sides can then be let down for the little dogs to scramble in without getting mud, grass, dirt etc up the side of the seat.

Their website isn't working properly at the moment but then can be purchased on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Seat-Protector-car-...b5#ht_540wt_907

Thanks everyone! I am going to get the Running Dog one posted by KelpieHoundMum as I like the way it zips up near the doors. These sides can then be let down for the little dogs to scramble in without getting mud, grass, dirt etc up the side of the seat.

Their website isn't working properly at the moment but then can be purchased on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Seat-Protector-car-...b5#ht_540wt_907

Glad I could be of help - my dog didn't like getting in the car but with the sides down he doesn't have a problem :)

Although the back seat buddy may be expensive at the outset - my first one lasted 7 years and it was only because the zippers failed I ended up purchasing another one. The sheep skin inserts come out for washing. The layer which the sheep skins zips into is waterproof.

I love the back seat buddy and see it at a good investment for my needs.